forge 2125

TConstruct 1.10.2-2.5.6b

Biomes'o'Plenty 1.10.2-5.0.0.2096

ConquestReforged 1.4.5

client: Optifine 1.10.2 HD_U_3

Texturepack:

ConquestReforged 1.4.5

Overview:

CTM Texture problems by adding the Conquest mod later (or don't use it at all on the server)

Step by Step:

1. generating a map without Conquest Reforged mod (server

1.1. when client has conquest mod and texturepack, many of the tinkers blocks will have the wrong texture

2. adding Conquest Reforged

2.1 now tinkers blocks and even blocks from conquest reforged have the wrong texture.

These problems are not there without the conquest texturepack or a different one!

The ConquesReforged texturepack only adds ctm functionality. the ctm part of optifine doesn't seem to recognize the ID-shift of blocks in case of conflicts.

3. Generating a new world with all mods: There are no texture conflicts.

I thought that these problems are past with the using of names instead of numbers as IDs.

The problem lies somewhere in between all of those factors.

edit: why do I even write a complete new text when I already have a good report.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Your mod is probably lagging during world generation due to how it replaces blocks around your custom ore. Right now, it randomly picks spots around the ore and changes blocks there. This process can be slow, especially if it's dealing with lots of blocks or a big area. To fix it, try replacing fewer blocks, picking spots more efficiently, and changing blocks in a smarter way. This should help your mod run smoother when generating worlds. Here is an example of how you can do this // Inside the if (placed) block if (placed) { BlockState surroundingBlockState = BlockInit.ABERRANT_MINERALOID.get().defaultBlockState(); int veinSize = ctx.config().size; int maxBlocksToReplace = (int) Math.ceil(veinSize * 0.1); // Replace 10% of vein size int numBlocksToCorrupt = Math.min(maxBlocksToReplace, 1000); // Limit to 1000 blocks List<BlockPos> positionsToReplace = new ArrayList<>(); // Loop until reaching the limit of blocks to replace while (positionsToReplace.size() < numBlocksToCorrupt) { BlockPos randomPos = offsetOrigin.offset( ctx.random().nextInt(2 * areaSizeX + 1) - areaSizeX, ctx.random().nextInt(2 * areaSizeY + 1) - areaSizeY, ctx.random().nextInt(2 * areaSizeZ + 1) - areaSizeZ ); if (world.getBlockState(randomPos).is(ModBlockTags.STONE_ABERRANTABLE)) { positionsToReplace.add(randomPos); } } // Replace blocks in bulk for (BlockPos pos : positionsToReplace) { world.setBlock(pos, surroundingBlockState, 2); } } If you've tried more effective ways to generate your blocks around your ores, it may also be because of issues on your side, not the mod. Adjust the parameters as needed based on your performance testing and requirements.
    • So i have a custom ore and, arround the ore, a bunch of randomly placed custom stone blocks should be placed. After applying it, i've found that it causes moderate to extreme world generation lag (new chunks refusing to load after moving for a while, height slices of the same chunk appearing and disappearing as I get into them instead of the usual long continous chunk, new chunks generating extremely close to me instead of to the set render distance...) I've been debugging for a while and I know for a fact this is causing the lag (and sometimes freeze of the world loading screen on a new world and/or the saving world screen when quitting), since comenting it just makes the worldgen work as usual and I want to see if its really that computationally expensive, if there are other ways of doing it or if the process can be simplfied or optimized. I've tried a lot of combinations for the same code but I am just stuck. Is it some kind of generation cascading im missing?   Here is the code for the class. The code inside the if (placed) is the one causing this mess. I can see that the code might not be the most optimized thing, but it does what's supposed to... but at the cost of causing all this. Any tips? package es.nullbyte.relativedimensions.worldgen.oregen.oreplacements; import es.nullbyte.relativedimensions.blocks.BlockInit; import es.nullbyte.relativedimensions.blocks.ModBlockTags; import net.minecraft.core.BlockPos; import net.minecraft.world.level.WorldGenLevel; import net.minecraft.world.level.block.state.BlockState; import net.minecraft.world.level.levelgen.feature.FeaturePlaceContext; import net.minecraft.world.level.levelgen.feature.OreFeature; import net.minecraft.world.level.levelgen.feature.configurations.OreConfiguration; import java.util.Optional; public class AberrantOreFeature extends OreFeature { public AberrantOreFeature() { super(OreConfiguration.CODEC); } @Override public boolean place(FeaturePlaceContext<OreConfiguration> ctx) { // Get the world and the position from the context WorldGenLevel world = ctx.level(); BlockPos origin = ctx.origin(); // Offset the origin by 8 in the x and z directions to avoid cascading chunk generation BlockPos offsetOrigin = origin.offset(8, 0, 8); // Create a new context with the offset origin FeaturePlaceContext<OreConfiguration> offsetCtx = new FeaturePlaceContext<>( Optional.empty(), world, ctx.chunkGenerator(), ctx.random(), offsetOrigin, ctx.config() ); // Generate the entire vein of ore at the offset origin boolean placed = super.place(offsetCtx); // If the vein was generated successfully if (placed) { // Define the block to replace surrounding blocks with BlockState surroundingBlockState = BlockInit.ABERRANT_MINERALOID.get().defaultBlockState(); // Generate a random size for the area of corruption int areaSizeX = ctx.random().nextInt(3) + 1; // between 1 and 4 int areaSizeY = ctx.random().nextInt(3) + 1; // between 1 and 4 int areaSizeZ = ctx.random().nextInt(3) + 1; // between 1 and 4 // Calculate the number of blocks to be corrupted based on the area size double numBlocksToCorrupt = (areaSizeX + areaSizeY + areaSizeZ / 2.0) ; // Counter for the number of blocks corrupted int numBlocksCorrupted = 0; // Loop for each block to be corrupted while (numBlocksCorrupted < numBlocksToCorrupt) { // Generate a random position within the area, using the offset origin BlockPos randomPos = offsetOrigin.offset( ctx.random().nextInt(2 * areaSizeX + 1) - areaSizeX, // between -areaSize and areaSize ctx.random().nextInt(2 * areaSizeY + 1) - areaSizeY, ctx.random().nextInt(2 * areaSizeZ + 1) - areaSizeZ ); // If the block at the random position is in the IS_ORE_ABERRANTABLE tag, replace it if (world.getBlockState(randomPos).is(ModBlockTags.STONE_ABERRANTABLE)) { world.setBlock(randomPos, surroundingBlockState, 2); numBlocksCorrupted++; } } } return placed; } }  
    • Here is a tutorial from this same forum that I tried and kinda made work. Take into account that you will have to manage the offset (like rotation, and the offset relative to things like the main hand, offhand etc) by yourself and that can get very troublesome at times.  
    • I have done this now but have got the error:   'food(net.minecraft.world.food.FoodProperties)' in 'net.minecraft.world.item.Item.Properties' cannot be applied to                '(net.minecraftforge.registries.RegistryObject<net.minecraft.world.item.Item>)' public static final RegistryObject<Item> LEMON_JUICE = ITEMS.register( "lemon_juice", () -> new Item( new HoneyBottleItem.Properties().stacksTo(1).food( (new FoodProperties.Builder()) .nutrition(3) .saturationMod(0.25F) .effect(() -> new MobEffectInstance(MobEffects.DAMAGE_RESISTANCE, 1500), 0.01f ) .build() ) )); The code above is from the ModFoods class, the one below from the ModItems class. public static final RegistryObject<Item> LEMON_JUICE = ITEMS.register("lemon_juice", () -> new Item(new Item.Properties().food(ModFoods.LEMON_JUICE)));   I shall keep going between them to try and figure out the cause. I am sorry if this is too much for you to help with, though I thank you greatly for your patience and all the effort you have put in to help me.
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.