forge 1.11 crashing on startup

DiddlyBumJam

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Oops.

Time: 01/01/17 3:01 PM

Description: FML has discovered extracted jar files in the mods directory.

This breaks mod loading functionality completely.

Remove the directories and replace with the jar files originally provided.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Extracted mod jars found, loading will NOT continue

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:305)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:253)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:102)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:79)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:41)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:138)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.11

Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.12.2

Java Version: 1.8.0_74, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 53660736 bytes (51 MB) / 127139840 bytes (121 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)

JVM Flags: 5 total; -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

i understand the error message but the thing is i have nothing else installed i just bought minecraft and installed it yesterday and looked up how to install forge and that has been popping up ever since, i am running mac os x sierra but I'm pretty sure that won't affect anything, all I'm asking is for what to do cause this makes no sense to me

i went on the url files.minecraftforge.net and i installed the recommended version of 1.11 and hit the installer option, then when it loaded up i just let it log with installer client and whwn i went to go open minecraft i selected the forge that i had downloaded and on the right it said ready to play minecraft, from what i looked up on the internet it is supposed to say ready to play and update minecraft but please correct me if i am wrong, and after i hit play five seconds went by and it crashes every time, would resource packs affect this?

there is only one problem the i go into the contents of the minecraft there is no mod folder, i have a resource folder but no mod folder if you would like i can give you a list of what is in there or i can email you a screenshot, or if you have any suggestions on what i might be doing wrong or where i am supposed to go please let me know

.minecraft/logs/fml-client-latest.log). if this is what you are talking bout where is it supposed to pop up or be accessed because i cannot find it, sorry if my stupidity is upsetting but i would really like to mod my minecraft so anything helps right now thank you for helping me