1 hour 20 minutes in, and Sky Factory 3 still did not load in.

JeffTheGamer17

Hello, so.. My problem is that, well.. Minecraft tends to freeze up sometimes, go down to 0-5% cpu usage, and sometimes even the ram goes down as much as 400MBs.

Those freezes are really annoying, since they could take anywhere between a few seconds, and even 10-30 minutes.

I have noticed the freeze happening at the time it was doing something with Just Enough Items, and (maybe) when it was processing textures.

You can see the freeze right there at the end of the log. The modpack still did not load in after 1 hour and 20 minutes. Minecraft hasn't even done anything since 19:43:16. (It's 20:14 now.)

As I am typing this the CPU usage is 0.6%-2%, and the RAM usage is 1,9 GBs.

The log that is not finished, (since I cannot get the modpack to load) will be uploaded to Pastebin.

Note that I have not tried any modpacks that are above 1.7.10 to see if the same thing happens.

Also, the same things happen with and without Optifine, and the same thing happens with foamfix beta or normal anarchy, and without foamfix.

Forge Version is included in the log, so is the minecraft version.

My main PC died, this is a backup PC. Just so you don't tell me to upgrade the PC.

Specs:

-  (The horrible) Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 1GB (Overclocked to 845/870)

-  Intel Core Duo2 E7500 (Overclocked to 3.4 GHz)

-  4GB ram

-  250GB HDD

Edit: It started loading now, 20:16/8:16PM. As/If it will finish loading in, I will attach the log. If it will stop, I am going to post a pastebin link containing the logs.

Edit #2: Had to use Gist Github, link: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/anonymous/e4036509fb300104485c502f6c6011f3/raw/38156a2019d1ed0e53baf55dee9a90df056d538f/gistfile1.txt

I had exited out of minecraft, since it used 2 GBs of ram.

Edited by JeffTheGamer17

To be honest, I think it has to do with your specs. Your machine only has 4GB of RAM, and you won't be able to allocate all of that to Minecraft. And then it tries to load as much as it can (2GB I presume), which is most likely not enough RAM for Sky Factory 3.

If you'll look at the logs, it was still doing stuff when you closed Minecraft, so you'll have to wait longer. You can change a setting in the launcher to keep the launcher open while running Minecraft, so you can keep looking at the logs while the game is running. That way you can see that Minecraft is still loading up.

Just as a warning: if it is going to finish loading at all, you'll probably get a lot of lag.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

On 2/5/2017 at 9:42 PM, larsgerrits said:

To be honest, I think it has to do with your specs. Your machine only has 4GB of RAM, and you won't be able to allocate all of that to Minecraft. And then it tries to load as much as it can (2GB I presume), which is most likely not enough RAM for Sky Factory 3.

If you'll look at the logs, it was still doing stuff when you closed Minecraft, so you'll have to wait longer. You can change a setting in the launcher to keep the launcher open while running Minecraft, so you can keep looking at the logs while the game is running. That way you can see that Minecraft is still loading up.

Just as a warning: if it is going to finish loading at all, you'll probably get a lot of lag.

Somehow, I have gotten it to load before. I have no idea how. I had no lag, at all. None. I was around min 100 fps, and max 300. Also, I have played several big packs before, and this is the only pack that gives me issues with loading time. All others load in, in 1 max 5 minutes.

I have played Sky Factory 2.5 before aswell, before anything was even overclocked. I had no lag in that either, and loading time was 1 minute 10 seconds min, 2 minutes 5 seconds max.

Edit: I can play the 1.10.2 direwolf pack, and infinity lite, no lag, 4 minutes loading speed. The problem might be with the version of forge.

Edited by JeffTheGamer17