Forge slows down FPS with shaders?

Klopapier

Hi guys,

I have a brandnew laptop with a Geforce gtx 1070 and i7 6700HQ and everything but I still have this problem with minecraft when using forge.

At the moment I have forge 1.11 with about 15 mods installed and I use SEUS shaders. The problem is: with forge, as long as I don't play on peaceful and have the shaders activated I only get around 30-40 fps with occasional 60fps. On peaceful I can almost max out everything with ultra shaders and I get smooth 60 fps with G-Sync.

If I only play with Optifine standalone and shaders activated I don't get any problems at all. This means that it has something to do with forge. Can anyone help me with this? It really makes me mad. I know that my laptop can handle it without any problems since it works with the other two instances. But why will the FPS drop so significantly with forge/shaders and on normal mode? I've tried every option in Optifine and the shader options, nothing seems to make a difference.

I hope someone has an explanation for that. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh and Ram is 24 GB and I have allocated 12GB but it only uses about 9% of it in-game anyway. And I also have the latest java 64bit and 32bit version installed.

Edited by Klopapier