Minimap Mod

DjTamo

Hey there!

I'm new to modding minecraft with forge but I have used Java in the past as well as making Bukkit plugins. I have an idea to make a specialized minimap mod for a server called MineZ (I know it must also be approved by the owners of that server) not just something like Rei's Minimap. Now I want to make this mod myself with the help of the Minecraft Forge community so please don't point me to a mod that has been already made.

My Idea:

A MineZ Minimap Mod

Whats it gonna do:

I have many ideas for this mod but I want to have the main mod done first before adding little tid-bits of extra stuff.

• Display a minimap in the top right corner
  • Have the map pre-loaded onto the minimap (so no need to download chunks)
  • Ability to zoom in and out (since the map is pre-loaded you can view the entire map and your location in it)
  • Have preset waypoints that can be viewed inside the minimap and in the player's view (like Rei's Minimap)

So if someone can help me get started with the creation of this mod it would be great!