Get player's "real" speed

fcelon

Hello,

I want to create a weapon, that deals damage based on movement speed of the player, who strikes with it. However, I don't know, how to get it. I tried to get Xmotion and Zmotion, but this seems to only work when the player is jumping or being knocked back. When he is just wlking, it always returns 0. I also tried to get AImovementspeed, but it returns me, how fast entity should move based on speed modifiers no matter if it's moving or not.

Thanks for help

entity.getDistance(entity.prevPosX, entity.prevPosY, entity.prevPosZ) returns a double value, which is how far the entity has traveled since the last tick. The higher that is, the further it traveled.
If you want to get more than blocks/tick, you need to either do some messy work with TickEvents, or create a Capability that stores an entity's position every x ticks.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

@SubscribeEvent(priority=EventPriority.HIGHEST, receiveCanceled=true)
    public void onEvent(LivingHurtEvent event)
    {
        Entity source = event.getSource().getSourceOfDamage();
        if (source instanceof EntityLivingBase && !source.world.isRemote)
        {
            EntityLivingBase living = (EntityLivingBase) source;
            if (living.getHeldItemMainhand()!=null)
            {
                if (living.getHeldItemMainhand().getItem() instanceof ItemSpear)
                {
                    double distance = living.getDistance(living.prevPosX, living.prevPosY, living.prevPosZ);
                    System.out.println(distance);

}

}

}

}

It would seem that the lastTickPos values have already been set to the current tick, when this executes.
You can as mentioned try to keep track of players every ~5 ticks or so, in a Tick-Event, and store a custom lastPos in a Map<UUID, Double> collection where the Double is the square-root of (posX*posX+posY*posY+posZ*posZ), and then when the player hits something, get the square-root of the current position and get the difference.

Though most optimal would be a custom Capability that would do this for you (and would let you skip the Map as Capabilities are per-player already)

Also... what version of Minecraft are you coding for?  Entities should have a worldObj field, not simply "world".

Edited by Matryoshika

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

5 minutes ago, Matryoshika said:

Entities should have a worldObj field, not simply "world".

In the mappings for 1.11.2, some fields were renamed, including worldObj fields to world. You should really update your mappings if you're using 1.11.2 and they're still called worldObj.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/