[Client] Getting bungee online players (via tab completion)

MrTigreroux

Hi !

I'm creating a mod that needs to check if certains players are online on a bungee network (of minecraft of course). To do that, I thought about the tab completion when we start the name of a player it is suggested with online players.

I did some researchs and found that it's managed with a packet.

I'm sending it with:

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getNetHandler().addToSendQueue(new C14PacketTabComplete("/test "));

But I don't know how to retrieve the packet with the list of player names that the server send me back.

In others words, how can I check when the client receive a specific vanilla packet ? I found that I would have to change the NetworkHandler but I don't really understand how...

If anyone know how to do that, it would be really nice.

Have a nice day.

Edited by MrTigreroux
Line break

18 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

As you can see in NetHandlerPlayClient::handleTabComplete, the tab completion response is passed to the currently active GUI.

Why can't you use the data you see in the online-player box visible when you press the tab key?

Because I want all players connected on the bungee network and not only who that are on "my" server.

Searching into the code of Minecraft, I found that GuiChat class has a foundPlayerNames list but it is private.

Therefore, I searched for reflection method to access it but I still get a java.lang.NoSuchFieldException

Here one try of getting this list:

getDeclaredField(Minecraft.getMinecraft().currentScreen, "foundPlayerNames")

With method:

public static Object getDeclaredField(Object object, String field) {
        try {
        	Field f = object.getClass().getDeclaredField(field);
        	f.setAccessible(true);
        	return f.get(object);
        } catch (Exception ex) {
        	ex.printStackTrace();
        	return null;
        }
}

Thanks in advance if anyone know why I get this error.

I'm using a command to get this list. First I write "/ping " then I press TAB to show me the tab completion list. After that, I try to get the private list of GuiChat but it throw me an exception.

If I closed the chat before getting this list, the GuiChat would be reset and I don't know how I could get him by the way.