[Forge 1.10.2] My custom tooltip show gray screen when I open my inventory.

lethinh

I am failing to see anything wrong other than the Item/Block with a missing model/texture. Can you please explain further?

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

On 16/5/2017 at 10:19 PM, larsgerrits said:

I am failing to see anything wrong other than the Item/Block with a missing model/texture. Can you please explain further?

I mean the tooltip when it show. When I open my inventory, the world show gray not the model. This is not about the model. It is about the tooltip.

Replace all direct OpenGl calls with GlStateManager calls and your problem will magically go away.

GlStateManager class is there for a reason and you should use it. The whole game uses it. Your problem lies in the fact that GlStateManager will only change the state if the change requested is not the current remembered state. Before the Post event is fired blend is enabled in the state manager. You are enabling it again later(which is fine, you never know if it is enabled or not) and then disabling it with GL. When the game renders the inventory screen it renders a slightly transparent overlay over the world. Guess how it does that? By calling GlStateManger::enableBlend(). Oh but there is a problem - GlStateManager thinks that blend is already enabled because you've used direct GL call and the boolean in the state manager has not been updated... so it does nothing leaving blend disabled. Thus you see the black screen.

TL;DR - do not call GL directly. Use GlStateManager. Or things will get screwed up.

Also you are neither scaling,rotating nor translating anything. You do not need to push/pop GL matrix as you are not changing it.

5 hours ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

Replace all direct OpenGl calls with GlStateManager calls and your problem will magically go away.

GlStateManager class is there for a reason and you should use it. The whole game uses it. Your problem lies in the fact that GlStateManager will only change the state if the change requested is not the current remembered state. Before the Post event is fired blend is enabled in the state manager. You are enabling it again later(which is fine, you never know if it is enabled or not) and then disabling it with GL. When the game renders the inventory screen it renders a slightly transparent overlay over the world. Guess how it does that? By calling GlStateManger::enableBlend(). Oh but there is a problem - GlStateManager thinks that blend is already enabled because you've used direct GL call and the boolean in the state manager has not been updated... so it does nothing leaving blend disabled. Thus you see the black screen.

TL;DR - do not call GL directly. Use GlStateManager. Or things will get screwed up.

Also you are neither scaling,rotating nor translating anything. You do not need to push/pop GL matrix as you are not changing it.

Thanks