Build failed on :compileJava stage

TheASTRO

Hello. I am experiencing a strange problem. While I was typing a code, a window popped up with some error. I dismissed it and clicked "Fix". But it was talking about BufferedReader and about migrating from Java 1.8 to 1.6 or something like that. Sooner I started building my mod via gradlew build. And it crashed on :compileJava stage telling:

warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6
C:\Users\white\Desktop\modding_workspace\Fusion Eye\build\sources\java\com\TestMod\Crash\Actions\ReadCrash.java:78: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
                        try (BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(lcfpath))) {
                            ^
  (use -source 7 or higher to enable try-with-resources)
1 error
1 warning
:compileJava FAILED

I think, that I crashed something because of that window in Eclipse... Also I`ve rebuild my workspace from scratch: downloaded fresh forge source,

setupDecompWorkspace

eclipse

, and placed my src back. But unsuccessfully... Please, I need your help!

Java's try-with-resources is only available for Java7+ and you are building against Java6. Either update your build.gradle file to build against Java7+ or do not use the feature.

To change the java version you are building against find the following in your build.gradle

sourceCompatibility = targetCompatibility = '1.6' // Need this here so eclipse task generates correctly.
compileJava {
    sourceCompatibility = targetCompatibility = '1.6'
}

and change 1.6 to whatever version you want to be building against(1.7 or 1.8)

Edited by V0idWa1k3r

2 minutes ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

Java's try-with-resources is only available for Java7+ and you are building against Java6. Either update your build.gradle file to build against Java7+ or do not use the feature(hint - you want the former).

To change the java version you are building against find the following in your build.gradle

sourceCompatibility = targetCompatibility = '1.6' // Need this here so eclipse task generates correctly.
compileJava {
    sourceCompatibility = targetCompatibility = '1.6'
}

and change 1.6 to whatever version you want to be building against(1.7 or 1.8)

Hmm.. Build.gradle does not contain the above lines. I`ve added them manually and it worked. Thank you a lot!