1.12 Mod Dimension from pre-made map

DougLazy

I'm toying with adding a dimension to my mod. I'd like the dimension to be from an existing limited map, no seed/generation rules needed. Picture a sky island, for example.

Before I start writing a custom IWorldGenerator to solve this, I thought there might be a solution, or a way to simplify the process.

One thought I had was to use a structure_block, maybe subclassed to bypass the 32x32x32 limit.

Thanks in advance.

0d

• 1 year later...

I just tried doing that, but instead got stuck in a unreal dimension with not any sun or moon, while being console-spammed of that:

[File IO Thread/ERROR] [minecraft/AnvilChunkLoader]: Failed to save chunk

Escaping the dimension and re-entering it results in a complete blank world.

Here's the line for getSaveFolder:

@Override
public String getSaveFolder()
{
	return Reference.MODID + ":worlds/wol";
}

Here's the entire dimension file and the world folder.

2018-12-27_17_03_33.thumb.png.598fa8dce389095b2110890f0a56a650.png

Edited by Hugman
Precision

I've done this FileMover class:

public class FileMover
{
	public static Path createTempDirectory(Path dir, String prefix, FileAttribute<?>... attrs)
	throws IOException
	{
		return dir;
	}
}

But then? How do I get the path to the world file itself, at dir in FileMover.createTempDirectory(dir, prefix, attrs);?

11 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

That would be the default location, provided your dimension ID is 64 (it should be configurable).

Yes, sure, that's what I want.

public final class CopyFiles
{
	public static void toWorld(String FROM_s) throws IOException
	{
	    Path FROM = Paths.get(FROM_s);
	    Path TO = DimensionManager.getCurrentSaveRootDirectory().toPath();
	    CopyOption[] options = new CopyOption[]
	    {
	      StandardCopyOption.REPLACE_EXISTING,
	      StandardCopyOption.COPY_ATTRIBUTES
	    }; 
	    Files.copy(FROM, TO, options);
	}
}

I've made this class, but now I must get the path to my map in the .jar for the var Path, how can I do this?

Edited by Hugman

Hey again!

I actually progressed very well since yetersday and found a way to do it properly, but I still need to solve an issue.

Firstly, here's my new method:

{	
	public static void toWorld(String dir, String file, int dim) throws IOException
	{
	    Path FROM = new File(new ResourceLocation(Reference.MODID + ":worlds/" + dir + "/" + file).getPath()).toPath();
	    Path TO = new File(DimensionManager.getCurrentSaveRootDirectory(), "DIM-64/" + file).toPath();
	    {
	    }; 
	}
}

But upon loading the world, the game crashes and reports: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: worlds\wol\region\r.0.0.mca which I interpretate as an error with the FROM variable. Anything helping would be very cool, thanks in advance.

EDIT: Woops, didn't saw the thread had a second page, currently looking at what you said, this very comment is useless, do like if you didn't saw it.

Edited by Hugman

Following what you've said,here's my new-new method:

{	
	public static void toWorld(String dir, String file, int dim) throws IOException
	{
	    InputStream FROM = CopyFiles.class.getResourceAsStream("assets/mubble/worlds" + dir + "/" + file);
	    //Path FROM = new File(new ResourceLocation(Reference.MODID + ":worlds/" + dir + "/" + file).getPath()).toPath();
	    Path TO = new File(DimensionManager.getCurrentSaveRootDirectory(), "DIM-64/" + file).toPath();
	    {
	    }; 
	}
}

The game crashes, FROM is null.

I don't think I understood how to use getResourceAsStream, could you explain please?

You should use a resource location and look at how vanilla turns them into real paths. You should also use the ResourceLocation constructor that takes a domain and a path, not put it together manually with domain + ":" + path

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

9 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

So at the end, how the FROM variable will look like? I'm sorry, I still don't really understand from which class I must do the getResourceAsStream neither what to put in it.

Also, my region folder is located here:

image.png.4ff7c94887e72f8f4776241980868629.png

Edited by Hugman

Okay so apparently InputStream FROM = CopyFiles.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("assets/mubble/worlds/" + dir + "/" + file); seems to work, but now the game crashes because the StandardCopyOption.COPY_ATTRIBUTES is not supported, should I just remove it?

Okay, it works now. For anyone interested, here's my class:

public final class MoveFiles
{	
	public static void copyToWorld(String dir, String file, int dim) throws IOException
	{
	    InputStream FROM = MoveFiles.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("assets/mubble/worlds/" + dir + "/" + file);
	    Path TO = new File(Minecraft.getMinecraft().gameDir + "/saves/" + Minecraft.getMinecraft().getIntegratedServer().getFolderName(), "/DIM" + dim + "/" + file).toPath();
	    CopyOption[] options = new CopyOption[] { };
	    Path parentDir = TO.getParent();
	    if (!Files.exists(parentDir)) Files.createDirectories(parentDir);
	    if (Files.exists(TO)) return;

}
}

Edited by Hugman