Minecraft forge 1.12.2 14.23.0.2493 crashes when i press the play in the launcher

Hi 

I have been having problems with forge 1.12.2 version i really wanted to play i mod i always wanted so first i downloaded forge 1.12.2 and installed it but before i installed the mod i wanted to test it out first. So i tried downloading it from the launcher after is was done i hit play and nothing came up after about 1 minute i reopened the launcher for minecraft  and it said the following 

It Looks Like You Are Using An Unsupported version of the game. And i also have the crash log (which i had to go through the files to copy it and paste it on here)

No crash  log here......yet

Edited by Johnny_NormanOC_Gaming

If you've never played minecraft on the launcher prior to downloading Forge, then the first thing you need to do is this:

Open Launcher

on Right, next to green button, click the arrow. 

Choose Minecraft (NOT Forge)

and play the vanilla version.

You'll need to run the original version before Forge will work, so that it'll create the folders etc necessary.