[Unsolved] Porting Mod from 1.7.10 to 1.8.9

Uselessness

Hi, I am working on porting a mod from 1.7.10 to 1.8.9. I have everything finished except for one method that must have changed from 1.7.10 to 1.8.9.

The method onNetworkTick and onConnectionStateTransition. After checking the methods.csvs for 1.7.10 and 1.8.9, I noticed they are only in 1.7. I was wondering if anyone knew the updated method? I have looked around and could not get any help.

Is there a website where I can find what's new for tasks like this in the future?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Uselessness

On 10/1/2017 at 7:24 AM, diesieben07 said:
  • Don't use 1.8.9. Update to 1.12.x.
  • Both of these methods should never be needed by a mod. What on earth are you doing?

I am porting a mod, not making one. I am not sure what the methods are actually doing. Also, 1.8.9 is the version that a lot of people are requesting this mod for so I am not using 1.12.

Well you can only really figure out the new methods if you know what the old ones were doing. There are some things that are simple changes (like just new name for method) between versions, but other things are majorly different. Like maybe you need to start using separate thread for networking, maybe the code now has to start using blockstates and so forth.

But if you insist, then what you need to do is load up both versions in your IDE (like Eclipse). In the 1.7.10 referenced libraries find those methods and figure out which class they are in, which parameters and such and even where roughly they are listed within the class. Then in the 1.8.9 referenced libraries look in the same area to see if they are simply re-named or if there is something similar that looks like it forms the same function. You can also go through the type hierarchy for the class and scan the names of all the methods to see if there is anything that looks promising.

If it wasn't a simple change to the name or parameter list, then it might be a more major change. In that case you should look up the change lists for the method name and see if someone commented on removing it and gave hint on what replaces it.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Ehm, those methods are not required to do that. 

Do you mean the mod automatically sends /time commands? Or do you mean it just hides the fact that it's night?

Makes the sky appear as day or night for you. Pm me if you wanna take a look at the code if you think you can help.

• Guest locked this topic