Complex Structure Generation

ArmamentHaki

Can someone explain the base concept of generating structures like end cities or woodland mansions? I know they use different components to build it together, but how does the base concept work and what classes do I need to set such a generation up? I already know how to write structures from ingame to nbt.

Edited by ArmamentHaki

9 hours ago, deerangle said:

look at 

net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureVillagePieces

I noticed that but I was asking for a general overview because there are so many different classes that Minecraft uses and it is hard to keep track of what is where. In my case, I want to generate Villages aswell, but I think Minecraft Villages dont use NBT but hard coded files.

Although there are ways of generating structures from NBT files Minecraft uses min and max x, y, and z coordinates to decide which blocks go where. The StructureVillagePieces class is an example of this. In order to create a new village component (building) create a class that extends StructureVillagePieces.Village which will be your code for the building itself. An example of this can be found here. You will also need to create a handler the implements IVillageCreationHandler in which you will refer to your new village component class. In your main class preInit you will then need to use 

VillagerRegistry.instance().registerVillageCreationHandler();

to register your handler and

MapGenStructureIO.registerStructureComponent();

to register the component itself.

If you want to create an entirely new village instead of single buildings I recommend looking at Galacticraft's code for Moon Villages.

Although I haven't look into them much I imagine End Cities and Woodlands are similar to this.

• Like 3