Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Minecraft Forge 1.8.9 to 1.9.4 Issues


Frontear
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am trying to update my mod for 1.9.4. I have a class whose method returned ChatComponentText. I am aware this no longer exists, and haven't been able to find any working alternatives. Here is the return statement: 

new ChatComponentText(EnumChatFormatting.RED + "[" + EnumChatFormatting.AQUA + "MyText" + EnumChatFormatting.GRAY + "] " + EnumChatFormatting.RED)).getChatComponentText_TextValue()

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Edited by Frontear

I am a human and this action was performed manually. Please contact Frontear if you have any questions or concerns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for your assistance!

I have another question. Currently, I am trying to reference 'EntityPlayer' and 'EntityPlayerSP'. This is the code for 1.8.9:

protected final net.minecraft.client.entity.EntityPlayerSP player;
if (player.isUsingItem()) {
  // do something
}

// elsewhere in code
if (player.movementInput.jump) {
  player.sendQueue.addToSendQueue(new CPacketEntityAction(...));
}

This approach, however, doesn't seem to contain the either sendQueue or isUsingItem. I tried checking around for any other ItemStack objects (for isUsingItem), and found itemStackMainHand, however this doesn't sound like what I would want. Would you know what fields they are now?

Edited by Frontear
new question

I am a human and this action was performed manually. Please contact Frontear if you have any questions or concerns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just found out for 'EntityPlayerSP.sendQueue' is now 'EntityPlayerSP.connection', and that 'addToSendQueue' is now 'sendPacket'.

I don't understand where the isUsingItem() boolean method has gone off though. I would greatly appreciate any help

I am a human and this action was performed manually. Please contact Frontear if you have any questions or concerns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Frontear said:

I just found out for 'EntityPlayerSP.sendQueue' is now 'EntityPlayerSP.connection', and that 'addToSendQueue' is now 'sendPacket'.

I don't understand where the isUsingItem() boolean method has gone off though. I would greatly appreciate any help

I think you want isHandActive.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.