hostile vs. peaceful experienceValue wierdness

acecase

This is a repost of the last variation on my last post, but that one started as something totally different and noone is reading it anymore, so I am reposting the current issue.

I am trying to stop xp orb drops from mobs and animals without effecting other things, like furnaces.

I have created an event handler for the LivingDeath event and here is my code (simple enough to just explain but people like code)

public class LivingDeathHandler {
@ForgeSubscribe
        public void onLivingDeath(LivingDeathEvent e){
               e.entityLiving.experienceValue = 0;
        }
}

For some reason, beyond me, hostile mobs will not spawn xp orbs, but peaceful mobs still will.

I looked at a pig's experienceValue before I set it to 0, and it is 0 by default, so they must be using a different system, but I traced the EntityPig class up the chain to the EntityLiving class, and I don't see where, other than EntityLiving, the pig could be inheriting the experienceValue property or any other method to drop xp orbs.

Any help would be appriciated. This is the final piece to a mod I have been working on for a while.

Thanks

An update, in case anyone is looking at this for me.

I have greped out all files in src/minecraft/net/minecraft that contain both XPOrb and spawn, and this is the result.

block/Block.java:                par1World.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntityXPOrb(par1World, (double)par2 + 0.5D, (double)par3 + 0.5D, (double)par4 + 0.5D, var6));

entity/ai/EntityAIMate.java:            this.theWorld.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntityXPOrb(this.theWorld, this.theAnimal.posX, this.theAnimal.posY, this.theAnimal.posZ, var2.nextInt(7) + 1));

entity/item/EntityExpBottle.java:                this.worldObj.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntityXPOrb(this.worldObj, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ, var3));

entity/projectile/EntityFishHook.java:                this.angler.worldObj.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntityXPOrb(this.angler.worldObj, this.angler.posX, this.angler.posY + 0.5D, this.angler.posZ + 0.5D, this.rand.nextInt(6) + 1));

entity/boss/EntityDragon.java:                    this.worldObj.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntityXPOrb(this.worldObj, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ, var5));

entity/boss/EntityDragon.java:                this.worldObj.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntityXPOrb(this.worldObj, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ, var5));

entity/EntityLiving.java:                        this.worldObj.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntityXPOrb(this.worldObj, this.posX, this.posY, this.posZ, var2));

inventory/SlotFurnace.java:                this.thePlayer.worldObj.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntityXPOrb(this.thePlayer.worldObj, this.thePlayer.posX, this.thePlayer.posY + 0.5D, this.thePlayer.posZ + 0.5D, var4));

So, I'm still lost. With a value of 0 for experienceValue, an EntityLiving should drop no xp orbs from what I can see.