51 errors after updating my Forge

trulis

A lot of this is because of the recent changes regarding textures. (Which I am definitely not a fan of. I hate having hundreds of files for what could've fit in two.)

"The method setItemName(String)/setBlockName(String) is undefinded for the type Item/Block":

Whereever you are using setItemName(String) or setBlockName(String), replace that with setUnlocalizedName(String). This should fix it. Same goes for getItem/BlockName(String), just use getUnlocalizedName(String).

"The constructor Block(int, int, Material) is undefined":

In your BlockWhatever classes, your constructors are probably looking like this right now:

public BlockWhatever(int par1, int par2, Material par3Material) {
    super(par1, par2, par3Material);
}

You need to change it to look like this:

public BlockWhatever(int par1, Material par2Material) {
    super(par1, par2Material);
}

Of course you will have to get rid of the second parameter when declaring your blocks as well then.

With the other stuff, I can't help you since I haven't figured that new texture stuff my self yet.

Thanks Saphirian, that solved a bunch of my compile errors as well. Let us know when you figure out the new texture stuff. As far as I can tell, the function

public int getIconFromDamage(int par1)

needs to be

public Icon getIconFromDamage(int par1)

but I cant figure out how to create said Icon relevant to my items/blocks to return in that function.