[1.12.2] Proper MultiProject setup?

ApexModder

Is there a tutorial out there to setup a proper multi project work space with intelij?

I know how to setup a single project work space but when it comes to dev'ing multiple mods ive had issues where i need to run setDecomp per mod or where i have root folder with build gradle and mods with sub gradle files but that messes up dependencies and i have to go in and add forge src and GradleStart manually

every time i have tried to create multi project i have 1 or all of these issues had to have all mods depend on 1 core mod, external mods don't load, external mods load but cant access api, crashes in cmd saying unknown project, intelij cant pick up other local mod assets etc just cant seem to get multi project to work with forge gradle

basically is there a tutorial out there to setup my build gradle file properly to work with multiple mods?

trying to get a setup something similar to this, doesn't have to be exact but would like each mod to be able to depend on each other interchangeably and any external mod

Root[1.12.2]/
	build.gradle
	settings.gradle

build/
		<output_of_classes>

run/
		<mc_run_dir>

Mod A/
		build.gradle
		src
		depends on nothing

Mod B/
		build.gradle
		src
		depends on Mod A

Mod C/
		build.gradle
		src
		depends on Mod B and not Mod A
		external mods JEI, Tinkers Construct

Mod D/
		build.gradle
		src
		depends on nothing
		external mods JEI, Thermal Expansion

Does InteliJ have an "import project from external location" thing? If so, set up your projects as normal and use that; navigate to the folder you'd set up your workspace in and import those projects and it works. In Eclipse at least

9 hours ago, Leppa said:

Does InteliJ have an "import project from external location" thing? If so, set up your projects as normal and use that; navigate to the folder you'd set up your workspace in and import those projects and it works. In Eclipse at least

see i tried that but idea had issues with modules and not picking up correct src folders had to go in and manually specify dependencies and src folders which is what i thought gradle is meant to do for me

BUMP

Made a simple video explain the issues im having, dependencies for mods that require my core mod never actualy get the api module from my core mod, want to add another mod later dow nthe line gotta reset up my entire workspace and dependencies

• 1 month later...

I was able to get a Multiple Mod setup going with Access Transformers to work, all you need is the main build.gradle file. All other files are actually copied from your video. This setup also adds the dependencies, I haven't gotten the '_api' deps automatically yet, I will post back when I do.