Item/block tick callback in x ticks

jordan30001

How would I go about for example with an item on right click

they are probably similar so i would only need one explanation but if they are both diffrent can you point me in both directions please.

ItemPseudoCodeItem onRightClick

doMethod(1);

wait 20 ticks

doAnotherMethod("");

wait 90 ticks

doSomeOtherMethod(true);

ItemPseudoCodeBlock onPlace

doMethod(1);

wait 20 ticks

doAnotherMethod("");

wait 90 ticks

doSomeOtherMethod(true);

also items dont have a scheduleUpdate()
read whole topic.

there are described two possible solutions (one easy to implement but a bit more damanding by diesieben07, second more optimized approach by me).

all data you want to pass you have to wrap into the event object. this is not totally trivial stuff, some programming experience is required...

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.

also items dont have a scheduleUpdate()
read whole topic.

there are described two possible solutions (one easy to implement but a bit more damanding by diesieben07, second more optimized approach by me).

all data you want to pass you have to wrap into the event object. this is not totally trivial stuff, some programming experience is required...

Ok so read it so basically I need to create a new object containing a tick number to know when it must fire this object and then x,y,z,itemStack ect into the object then put that into a list of objects into the tick handler class

once the tick counter has hit 0 I then doSomeMethodInMyItem(object)

yep, unlike the other guy you got it fast :). you should also consider saving these data (world storage or something), it all depends if without the event fired can something break.

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.

yep, unlike the other guy you got it fast :). you should also consider saving these data (world storage or something), it all depends if without the event fired can something break.

A add on to this thread.

I got a little bug that I found is strange and I can not explain easily what's happening in words so here is a youtube video showing what is happening http://youtu.be/KUy0TLNDquU

my question from the video is, why when the player dies it still spawns the item but at the players spawn location not at the players current position.

to drop the item I am using the EntityPlayer.entityDropItem()