Random Experience Drops

BloodshotPico

I've been looking around for up to date experience drop methods but the closest I've come to is this thread here from the Minecraft Forums, but this is for 1.7.10 and I'm guessing these no longer work anymore?

https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/modification-development/2617597-tutorial-how-to-add-xp-drops-to-custom-ore-blocks

If not then I'm not sure on how I'd go onto doing this, other than looking at someone else's code, but that'd be my last resort into doing this. :)

I bet it's an easy one too. ^^'

~Blood

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

The code in that post is kinda terrible.

I don't know why you need a tutorial on how to override a method and return a random number though.

Wasn't sure on if that would work due to the way Forge has changed since then, and I mean I've only been doing this for around a week or two myself so It's all new to me but I remember forge going under some big changes since back then is all.