Weird right click inventory glitch [solved]

sdterry

I'm creating a custom item that changes when it's used on a mob.  I'm using the following code (taken from here) in the item to do it:

public boolean itemInteractionForEntity(ItemStack item, EntityLiving entity)

{	if (entity instanceof EntityCow)
               {
                  ItemStack var2 = Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.inventory.getCurrentItem();

if (var2 != null && var2.itemID == MyMod.widgetEmpty.itemID)
                  {
                     if (var2.stackSize == 1)
                      {
                		 Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.inventory.setInventorySlotContents(Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.inventory.currentItem, new 
                            		ItemStack(MyMod.widgetFull));
                    }
                    else if (!Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(MyMod.widgetFull)))
                    {
                    	Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.dropPlayerItem(new ItemStack(MyMod.widgetFull.itemID, 1, 0));
                    }
                    return true;
                }
                return false;
            }
return false;
}

This works fine, but when the player equips the item and right clicks, the item reverts to the empty type.

I stepped through the code and it looks like this is what is happening.  Item.onItemUse and Item.onItemRightClick get called, return false and the code returns to the main game loop.  At this point, the item is still the full type.  If I continue to step, I just go through the main game loop over and over. 

When I click resume, at some point a packet arrives with a playerEntity object that has an inventory that contains the empty item type.  This goes through all the updates and overwrites the player inventory with the empty object ItemStack.

Is this some sort of client/server thing?  I don't know how these packets get generated.  Even though I'm in single player mode, is there a server side inventory that I'm not updating? 

I fixed it by changing

Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer

to

((EntityPlayer)MinecraftServer.getServer().getConfigurationManager().playerEntityList.get(0))

I suppose as long as I am playing single player that's ok.  If I want my mod to be server compatible though, is it guaranteed that this method will return the correct player's inventory?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M0EG-c5yfRd08DSnE5HVQNCu2v0YtA7A/view?usp=sharing  
    • so im not sure if your still watching this TileEntity but once we loaded a FTB modpack we wanted to run on the server it no longer seems to run. The console opens like normal but we've been sitting here for like a little over an hour and the server screen has not yet opened. Should we just keep waiting at this point?
    • I have now easily fixed the duplication error present, I was just not looking.   I have been working for the past half hour to try and fix another error present, this time with the Creative Mode Tab.   I have changed some things around to get where I am currently. (ModFoods to ModDrinks*) and it cannot find the symbol ".get" at the end of the code. *The custom class you recommended pOutput.accept(ModDrinks.ORANGE_JUICE.get()); I think the point I am at currently is the closest I have to how it should be but because I am not as experienced with java I would not know.  I have also removed ORANGE_JUICE and LEMON_JUICE from the ModFoods class, to avoid confliction. I do hope all this can be fully resolved soon.  
    • [SOLVED]  public class RenderGUIHandler { @SubscribeEvent public void renderGUI(RenderGameOverlayEvent.Text event){ Client.hud.draw(); } } As I was playing around a little with the code, i found out about an option to change The RenderGameOverlayEvent.Post to RenderGameOverlayEvent.Text
    • public class HUD { public Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft(); public static class ModuleComparator implements Comparator<Module>{ @Override public int compare(Module o1, Module o2) { if (Minecraft.getMinecraft().fontRendererObj.getStringWidth(o1.name) > Minecraft.getMinecraft().fontRendererObj.getStringWidth(o2.name)){ return -1; } if (Minecraft.getMinecraft().fontRendererObj.getStringWidth(o1.name) < Minecraft.getMinecraft().fontRendererObj.getStringWidth(o2.name)){ return 1; } return 0; } } public void draw(){ ScaledResolution sr = new ScaledResolution(mc); FontRenderer fr = mc.fontRendererObj; Collections.sort(Client.modules, new ModuleComparator()); GlStateManager.pushMatrix(); GlStateManager.translate(4,4,0); GlStateManager.scale(1.5,1.5,1); GlStateManager.translate(-4, -4, 0); fr.drawString("Skyline", 10, 10, -1); GlStateManager.popMatrix(); int count = 0; for (Module m : Client.modules){ if (!m.toggled || m.name.equals("TabGUI")) continue; int offset = count* (fr.FONT_HEIGHT + 6); GL11.glTranslated(0.0f, 0.0f, -1.0f); Gui.drawRect(sr.getScaledWidth() - fr.getStringWidth(m.name) - 10, offset, sr.getScaledWidth() - fr.getStringWidth(m.name) - 8, 6 + fr.FONT_HEIGHT + offset, -1); Gui.drawRect(sr.getScaledWidth() - fr.getStringWidth(m.name) - 8, offset, sr.getScaledWidth(), 6 + fr.FONT_HEIGHT + offset, 0x90000000); fr.drawString(m.name, sr.getScaledWidth() - fr.getStringWidth(m.name) - 4, offset + 4, -1); count++; } Client.onEvent(new EventRenderGUI()); } } I have just recently stumbled upon this Problem, where the HudRenderer renders the wrong section of the textures and therefore completely destroys the Minecraft Armour and Hunger Bar. I am currently thinking if it is an issue with the DrawRect changing something it shouldn't. But I couldn't find anything about it. (To keep things Clean, the function is Called from another file) public class RenderGUIHandler { @SubscribeEvent public void renderGUI(RenderGameOverlayEvent.Post event){ Client.hud.draw(); } } Any help would be greatly appreciated  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.