[1.12.2] 6GB worth of log files. Filled with netty exceptions

I've made a server for my modpack and rarely the log files gets as 6GB as big.
That's because sometimes it gets filled with

[17:43:22] [Netty Epoll Server IO #8/ERROR] [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception
io.netty.channel.unix.Errors$NativeIoException: syscall:writev(..) failed: Broken pipe
	at io.netty.channel.unix.FileDescriptor.writeAddresses(..)(Unknown Source) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]

and

[18:09:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #17/ERROR] [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception
io.netty.channel.unix.Errors$NativeIoException: writevAddresses(..) failed: Connection timed out
	at io.netty.channel.unix.Errors.newIOException(Errors.java:117) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at io.netty.channel.unix.Errors.ioResult(Errors.java:138) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at io.netty.channel.unix.FileDescriptor.writevAddresses(FileDescriptor.java:152) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollStreamChannel.writeBytesMultiple(AbstractEpollStreamChannel.java:305) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollStreamChannel.doWriteMultiple(AbstractEpollStreamChannel.java:532) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollStreamChannel.doWrite(AbstractEpollStreamChannel.java:469) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.flush0(AbstractChannel.java:856) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollChannel$AbstractEpollUnsafe.epollOutReady(AbstractEpollChannel.java:478) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollStreamChannel$EpollStreamUnsafe.epollOutReady(AbstractEpollStreamChannel.java:947) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.processReady(EpollEventLoop.java:384) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.run(EpollEventLoop.java:299) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858) [minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_111]

And I really don't know what's causing this to happen.

This mostly happens when a player can't connect. As the log is spammed with those, the player can finally log again.

• 11 months later...

Hi, I have exactly same exceptions as your second post with the newest version of Forge now. Did you fix it somehow? And what mods did you have in your modpack?

Edited by pitris90
More accurate formulation