Decreasing stack size after usage in BonemealEvent [solved]

Torojima

my mod is adding a plant. Plant-able from seeds and growing in a few steps from stem to the grown plant. For that I have added an event listener for the BonemealEvent and have it trigger the growing and decreasing of the current itemStack. The growing of the plant is working as before, but the decreasing of the current itemStack does not.

When asking the entityPlayer of the BonemealEvent for it's current item stack(1) the itemStack object is null. Even tho, the active item (the item visible in hand) is a stack of bonemeal.

Now I know, the behaviour of bonemeal has changed in 1.5, what I don't know is exactly how and how I get the bonemeal to be used ...

Edit:

even the EntityPlayer is very odd ... when I ask it for it's username I will receive "[Minecraft]" instead of the expected username ... is there a tutorial somewhere for bonemeal use in 1.5 already?

---

1) both event.entityPlayer.inventory.getCurrentItem() as event.entityPlayer.getCurrentEquippedItem() have the same outcome

running minecraft on Mac OS X - Sierra --- creating code since 1986 ... --- मेरा दिल भारतवासी है!

width=289 height=100http://www.arno-saxena.de/pictures/chococraft/banner_signature.png[/img]

Don't decrease the stack size yourself. If trigger growing, call event.setResult(Result.ALLOWED). That will decrease the stack size.

thank you :) removed everything there was before for decreasing the stack size and added the above mentioned line after the fertilizing has taken place.

Now everything works perfectly, even with the green sparkles included :)

now rather unimportant for this problem, but still interesting:

why is the entityPlayer field of the event not pointing towards the player in question?

running minecraft on Mac OS X - Sierra --- creating code since 1986 ... --- मेरा दिल भारतवासी है!

width=289 height=100http://www.arno-saxena.de/pictures/chococraft/banner_signature.png[/img]