Problems with launching game in not standart game directory

atnaguzin

Hello everyone!

Please help with problem:

I created launcher to play with friends on MCPC server with Forge based mods. Game directory was edited from "minecraft" to "lngserv-mc".

If in archive minecraftforge-universal-1.4.7-6.6.2.534 I edit Minecraft workdir in file /net/minecraft/client/Minecraft.class from "minecraft" to "lngserv-mc" with ClassEditor - Not working. He stops after loading screen.

Else if I don't edit class, game launching, but all files loaded from .minecraft, what I don't need.

Patching without MC Patcher options.

How to make non-default directory based client with Forge?

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

Please help with problem:

I created launcher to play with friends on MCPC server with Forge based mods. Game directory was edited from "minecraft" to "lngserv-mc".

If in archive minecraftforge-universal-1.4.7-6.6.2.534 I edit Minecraft workdir in file /net/minecraft/client/Minecraft.class from "minecraft" to "lngserv-mc" with ClassEditor - Not working. He stops after loading screen.

Else if I don't edit class, game launching, but all files loaded from .minecraft, what I don't need.

Patching without MC Patcher options.

How to make non-default directory based client with Forge?

Thanks!

Either use MultiMC, or look at it's source on github.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

What OS are you using? I use Windows and wrote a script to launch MC from a custom folder. You have to redirect APPDATA to get things to work properly:

REM Use SETLOCAL to keep declarations local to this script
REM The "...Expansion" and "...Extensions" keywords are needed for expanding variables in specific ways inside FOR loops
SETLOCAL EnableDelayedExpansion EnableExtensions

REM Obtain the current path and remove the trailing slash
SET _appPath=%~dp0
SET _appPath=%_appPath:~0,-1%

REM Modify the system APPDATA variable to allow running Minecraft from any directory.
REM  Without it, forge would crash trying to find the libraries
SET APPDATA=%_appPath:~0,-10%

set CLASSPATH=%_appPath%\bin\*

REM Put the rest of your script here

REM When using SETLOCAL, always put ENDLOCAL before the script exits
ENDLOCAL

Either use MultiMC, or look at it's source on github.

I looked MutiMC as launcher, but he used Minecraft License auth system. How to recompile sources - I don't know, because not work with C++  :) Also it writed for cmake  :D

What OS are you using? I use Windows and wrote a script to launch MC from a custom folder. You have to redirect APPDATA to get things to work properly:

REM Use SETLOCAL to keep declarations local to this script
REM The "...Expansion" and "...Extensions" keywords are needed for expanding variables in specific ways inside FOR loops
SETLOCAL EnableDelayedExpansion EnableExtensions

REM Obtain the current path and remove the trailing slash
SET _appPath=%~dp0
SET _appPath=%_appPath:~0,-1%

REM Modify the system APPDATA variable to allow running Minecraft from any directory.
REM  Without it, forge would crash trying to find the libraries
SET APPDATA=%_appPath:~0,-10%

set CLASSPATH=%_appPath%\bin\*

REM Put the rest of your script here

REM When using SETLOCAL, always put ENDLOCAL before the script exits
ENDLOCAL

That script good  ;). I wonder how to insert it in the launcher, based on auth_system_launcher_zip_src (can find on github).

After testing I think that script too not works :(

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>REM Use SETLOCAL to keep declarations local to this script

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>REM The "...Expansion" and "...Extensions" keywords are needed for expanding

variables in specific ways inside FOR loops

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>SETLOCAL EnableDelayedExpansion EnableExtensions

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>REM Obtain the current path and remove the trailing slash

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>SET _appPath=C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc\

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>SET _appPath=C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>REM Modify the system APPDATA variable to allow running Minecraft from any d

irectory.

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>REM  Without it, forge would crash trying to find the libraries

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>SET APPDATA=C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>set CLASSPATH=C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc\bin

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>REM Put the rest of your script here

C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc>java -cp C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc\bin\minecraft.jar;C:\Us

ers\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc\bin\lwjgl.jar;C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc\bin\lwjgl_util.jar;C:\U

sers\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc\bin\jinput.jar; -Djava.library.path=C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.lngserv-mc\

bin\natives -Xmx1024M -Xms512M net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

2013-04-08 11:04:24 [iNFO] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 4.7.35.556 for Minecraft 1.4.7 loading

2013-04-08 11:04:25 [sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] FML appears to be missing any signature data. This is not a good thing

2013-04-08 11:04:34 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] 27 achievements

2013-04-08 11:04:35 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] 210 recipes

2013-04-08 11:04:35 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Setting user: Player814, -

2013-04-08 11:04:35 [iNFO] [sTDERR] Client asked for parameter: server

2013-04-08 11:04:35 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] LWJGL Version: 2.4.2

2013-04-08 11:04:38 [iNFO] [MinecraftForge] Attempting early MinecraftForge initialization

2013-04-08 11:04:38 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] MinecraftForge v6.6.2.534 Initialized

2013-04-08 11:04:38 [iNFO] [ForgeModLoader] MinecraftForge v6.6.2.534 Initialized

2013-04-08 11:04:38 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Replaced 84 ore recipies

2013-04-08 11:04:38 [iNFO] [MinecraftForge] Completed early MinecraftForge initialization

2013-04-08 11:04:38 [iNFO] [ForgeModLoader] Reading custom logging properties from C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.mine

craft\config\logging.properties

2013-04-08 11:04:38 [OFF] [ForgeModLoader] Logging level for ForgeModLoader logging is set to ALL

2013-04-08 11:04:39 [iNFO] [ForgeModLoader] Searching C:\Users\Kirill\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods for mods

Placed script in folder %appdata%/.lngserv-mc/

Have any ideas?

Oops, sorry I forgot about that limitation with Forge. It seems to be hard coded to always

look for certain files within ".minecraft" instead of the relative path.

To work around it, just put a ".minecraft" folder inside ".lngserv-mc". Move everything into

the ".minecraft" folder and run the script from in there instead.

I remember now that when I was testing my script on a folder "Games\Minecraft_1.5.1\", Forge

kept creating a ".minecraft" folder in my normal APPDATA and would tell me libraries

were missing. When I created "Games\Minecraft_1.5.1\.minecraft\" it all worked fine.