• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• This is the first time i try to mess with minecraft chunk loading, and i'd just like to get a little feedback on this problem (not asking for code examples 😁). I am implementing an entity that can spawn anywhere in the world (maybe in a certain radius around the player), it will have a relatively short life span and a fixed direction vector. However i need it to always be processed, from when it spawns to when it leaves the world, no matter where the player is relatively to the entity. Also the entity can interact with the world, destroying the blocks it finds in its path until it reaches its destination and damaging living entities it collides with. After diving a bit into the code that manages chunks the first and simpler solution that came to my mind was simply to force load the chunk the entity is in and the next chunk it will traverse based on its direction (to avoid the entity entering an unloaded chunk and thus stop being updated). Then when the entity dies i just force unload only the chunks that were loaded by the entity, because there may be chunks that were already loaded by something else for whatever reason. The chunk loading and storing should be implemented in the form of a world capability i guess, and internally would just replicate what the /forceload command does. So the question is: would this be the the best or most efficient way to achieve something like that? And is there something else i should take into account to not create issues when force loading/unloading chunks?
    • how much mods did you have cause that happenend to me once and i reomoved mods and it worked so try that
    • That's basically what a tile entity already is.
    • i dont know how to fix it. i downloaded multiple forge versions. this is my crash report: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // Shall we play a game? Time: 9/28/20 3:11 PM Description: Rendering overlay java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering overlay     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ModConfig.getFullPath(ModConfig.java:98) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigFileTypeHandler$ConfigLoadingException.<init>(ConfigFileTypeHandler.java:128) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigFileTypeHandler.lambda$reader$1(ConfigFileTypeHandler.java:60) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigFileTypeHandler$$Lambda$3511/1821236184.apply(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigTracker.openConfig(ConfigTracker.java:104) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigTracker.lambda$loadConfigs$1(ConfigTracker.java:83) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigTracker$$Lambda$3510/1536777417.accept(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {}     at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at java.util.Collections$SynchronizedCollection.forEach(Collections.java:2062) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigTracker.loadConfigs(ConfigTracker.java:83) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.lambda$null$18(ModLoader.java:207) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader$$Lambda$3509/60614025.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.DistExecutor.unsafeRunWhenOn(DistExecutor.java:125) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.loadMods(ModLoader.java:207) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.ClientModLoader.lambda$startModLoading$7(ClientModLoader.java:132) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.ClientModLoader$$Lambda$3502/1073256696.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.ClientModLoader.lambda$createRunnableWithCatch$4(ClientModLoader.java:123) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.ClientModLoader$$Lambda$2892/1609754699.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.ClientModLoader.startModLoading(ClientModLoader.java:132) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.ClientModLoader.lambda$onResourceReload$2(ClientModLoader.java:114) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.ClientModLoader$$Lambda$3498/974631651.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.ClientModLoader.lambda$createRunnableWithCatch$4(ClientModLoader.java:123) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.ClientModLoader$$Lambda$2892/1609754699.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {}     at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.run(CompletableFuture.java:1618) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.exec(CompletableFuture.java:1610) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:289) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1056) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1689) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:157) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {} A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Head -- Thread: Render thread Stacktrace:     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ModConfig.getFullPath(ModConfig.java:98) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigFileTypeHandler$ConfigLoadingException.<init>(ConfigFileTypeHandler.java:128) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigFileTypeHandler.lambda$reader$1(ConfigFileTypeHandler.java:60) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigFileTypeHandler$$Lambda$3511/1821236184.apply(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigTracker.openConfig(ConfigTracker.java:104) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigTracker.lambda$loadConfigs$1(ConfigTracker.java:83) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigTracker$$Lambda$3510/1536777417.accept(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {}     at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at java.util.Collections$SynchronizedCollection.forEach(Collections.java:2062) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigTracker.loadConfigs(ConfigTracker.java:83) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.lambda$null$18(ModLoader.java:207) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader$$Lambda$3509/60614025.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.DistExecutor.unsafeRunWhenOn(DistExecutor.java:125) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.loadMods(ModLoader.java:207) ~[?:?] {re:classloading} -- Overlay render details -- Details:     Overlay name: net.minecraft.client.gui.ResourceLoadProgressGui Stacktrace:     at net.minecraft.client.renderer.GameRenderer.func_195458_a(GameRenderer.java:483) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_195542_b(Minecraft.java:953) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:584) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:184) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLClientLaunchProvider.lambda$launchService$0(FMLClientLaunchProvider.java:51) [forge-1.16.3-34.1.0.jar:34.1] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLClientLaunchProvider$$Lambda$413/36627152.call(Unknown Source) [forge-1.16.3-34.1.0.jar:34.1] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:37) [modlauncher-7.0.1.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:54) [modlauncher-7.0.1.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:72) [modlauncher-7.0.1.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:81) [modlauncher-7.0.1.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:65) [modlauncher-7.0.1.jar:?] {} -- System Details -- Details:     Minecraft Version: 1.16.3     Minecraft Version ID: 1.16.3     Operating System: Windows 8 (amd64) version 6.2     Java Version: 1.8.0_51, Oracle Corporation     Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation     Memory: 1696567304 bytes (1617 MB) / 2147483648 bytes (2048 MB) up to 2147483648 bytes (2048 MB)     CPUs: 4     JVM Flags: 9 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xss1M -Xmx2G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M     ModLauncher: 7.0.1+78+master.e9771d8     ModLauncher launch target: fmlclient     ModLauncher naming: srg     ModLauncher services:          /mixin-0.8.1.jar mixin PLUGINSERVICE          /eventbus-3.0.3-service.jar eventbus PLUGINSERVICE          /forge-1.16.3-34.1.0.jar object_holder_definalize PLUGINSERVICE          /forge-1.16.3-34.1.0.jar runtime_enum_extender PLUGINSERVICE          /accesstransformers-2.2.0-shadowed.jar accesstransformer PLUGINSERVICE          /forge-1.16.3-34.1.0.jar capability_inject_definalize PLUGINSERVICE          /forge-1.16.3-34.1.0.jar runtimedistcleaner PLUGINSERVICE          /mixin-0.8.1.jar mixin TRANSFORMATIONSERVICE          /forge-1.16.3-34.1.0.jar fml TRANSFORMATIONSERVICE      FML: 34.1     Forge: net.minecraftforge:34.1.0     FML Language Providers:          javafml@34.1         minecraft@1     Mod List:          forge-1.16.3-34.1.0-client.jar Minecraft {minecraft@1.16.3 COMMON_SETUP}         forge-1.16.3-34.1.0-universal.jar Forge {forge@34.1.0 COMMON_SETUP}     Launched Version: 1.16.3-forge-34.1.0     Backend library: LWJGL version 3.2.2 build 10     Backend API: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 GL version 4.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.5126, Intel     GL Caps: Using framebuffer using OpenGL 3.0     Using VBOs: Yes     Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge'     Type: Client (map_client.txt)     Graphics mode: fancy     Resource Packs:      Current Language: English (US)     CPU: 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz
    • That is the only way. All blockstates are calculated on registration, so there is no way to save that to a single blockstate. If there are that many, you may need to rethink your approach. You could maybe store a chunk capability with a map of blockpos -> blockstate, but I'm not sure that would save you much (after all, that is what the world saves). And you'd have a much harder time sorting out the rendering.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)