Help identifying code relating to display of nametags

thomas12s

What I'm trying to do:

The objective is to remove the floating nametag above a player. Whether or not the box remains there is fine, but I need to remove the nametag. This should be clientside only. It still needs to interact with a vanilla 1.5.1 server though.

What I've checked:

I've combed through EntityPlayer and RenderPlayer a couple times along with several other classes. I'm not sure of the behavior of the code in rendering the name, but I feel like there should be like 4 lines to comment out or change the display by showing an empty string.

Any knowledge/ideas in this is greatly appreciated. I know Java quite well, but interpreting all of this code and knowing exactly what will not affect other parts of the code is a little over my head. I've been working on this for hours just to identify what code is displaying the tag...

func_96450_a? But it's not a good practice to directly modify base classes, this should be done via ASM library (or maybe Player API).

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.

func_96450_a? But it's not a good practice to directly modify base classes, this should be done via ASM library (or maybe Player API).

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.

ASM is not for beginners inn programming. I'm not saying this to crucify or bulley new modders/programmers but it is not the easiest thing inn the world and I can't change that.

You need to have your mod be a core mod to utilize ASM. You can read a bit about it here http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Using_Access_Transformers

and I suggest you google it a bit before you decide to use it.

As I said above it's not easy but if you know Java very well, then take a look and you should be able to tell what ya need to study before ya begin ;)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

ASM is not for beginners inn programming. I'm not saying this to crucify or bulley new modders/programmers but it is not the easiest thing inn the world and I can't change that.

You need to have your mod be a core mod to utilize ASM. You can read a bit about it here http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Using_Access_Transformers

and I suggest you google it a bit before you decide to use it.

As I said above it's not easy but if you know Java very well, then take a look and you should be able to tell what ya need to study before ya begin ;)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Hello, I'm working on my first Minecraft 1.20.2 mod. However, I've created a custom block model and everything works perfectly except the rotation of the block. The code is implemented but it still doesnt work. Need help. This is the code of the object class. import net.minecraft.core.BlockPos; import net.minecraft.world.item.context.BlockPlaceContext; import net.minecraft.world.level.BlockGetter; import net.minecraft.world.level.block.Block; import net.minecraft.world.level.block.HorizontalDirectionalBlock; import net.minecraft.world.level.block.state.BlockState; import net.minecraft.world.level.block.state.StateDefinition; import net.minecraft.world.level.block.state.properties.BlockStateProperties; import net.minecraft.world.level.block.state.properties.DirectionProperty; import net.minecraft.world.phys.shapes.CollisionContext; import net.minecraft.world.phys.shapes.VoxelShape; import net.minecraft.world.level.block.Rotation; import net.minecraft.world.level.block.Mirror; public class DirtyRock extends HorizontalDirectionalBlock { public static final DirectionProperty FACING = BlockStateProperties.HORIZONTAL_FACING; public static final VoxelShape SHAPE = Block.box(4, 0, 4, 12, 2, 11); public DirtyRock(Properties pProperties) { super(pProperties); } @Override public VoxelShape getShape(BlockState pState, BlockGetter pLevel, BlockPos pPos, CollisionContext pContext) { return SHAPE; } @Override public BlockState getStateForPlacement(BlockPlaceContext pContext) { return this.defaultBlockState().setValue(FACING, pContext.getHorizontalDirection().getOpposite()); } @Override public BlockState rotate(BlockState pState, Rotation pRot) { return pState.setValue(FACING, pRot.rotate(pState.getValue(FACING))); } @Override public BlockState mirror(BlockState pState, Mirror pMirror) { return pState.rotate(pMirror.getRotation(pState.getValue(FACING))); } @Override protected void createBlockStateDefinition(StateDefinition.Builder<Block, BlockState> pBuilder) { pBuilder.add(FACING); } } In the ModBlocks class the block is registred like this public static final RegistryObject<Block> DIRTY_ROCK=registerBlock("dirty_rock", ()-> new DirtyRock(BlockBehaviour.Properties.copy(Blocks.STONE_BUTTON))); private static <T extends Block>RegistryObject<T> registerBlock(String name, Supplier<T> block){ RegistryObject<T> toReturn=BLOCKS.register(name,block); registerBlockItem(name,toReturn); return toReturn; } In the Data, ModBlockStateProvider the blockstate is implemened simpleBlock(ModBlocks.DIRTY_ROCK.get(), new ModelFile.UncheckedModelFile(modLoc("block/dirty_rock"))); And in resources/assets/modname/models/block dirty_rock.json is implemented { "credit": "Made with Blockbench", "textures": { "0": "wildandhunt:block/dirty_bricks_block", "particle": "wildandhunt:block/dirty_bricks_block" }, "elements": [ { "from": [5, 0, 4], "to": [9, 1, 8], "rotation": {"angle": 22.5, "axis": "y", "origin": [10, 0, 7]}, "faces": { "north": {"uv": [5, 4, 10, 5], "texture": "#0"}, "east": {"uv": [5, 5, 10, 6], "texture": "#0"}, "south": {"uv": [5, 6, 10, 7], "texture": "#0"}, "west": {"uv": [5, 7, 10, 8], "texture": "#0"}, "up": {"uv": [5, 5, 0, 0], "texture": "#0"}, "down": {"uv": [5, 5, 0, 10], "texture": "#0"} } }, { "from": [9, 0, 4.05], "to": [11, 2, 6.05], "rotation": {"angle": 22.5, "axis": "y", "origin": [8, 0, 9]}, "faces": { "north": {"uv": [5, 4, 10, 5], "texture": "#0"}, "east": {"uv": [5, 5, 10, 6], "texture": "#0"}, "south": {"uv": [5, 6, 10, 7], "texture": "#0"}, "west": {"uv": [5, 7, 10, 8], "texture": "#0"}, "up": {"uv": [5, 5, 0, 0], "texture": "#0"}, "down": {"uv": [5, 5, 0, 10], "texture": "#0"} } }, { "from": [5, 0, 7], "to": [6, 1, 8], "rotation": {"angle": 22.5, "axis": "y", "origin": [10, 0, 10]}, "faces": { "north": {"uv": [5, 4, 10, 5], "texture": "#0"}, "east": {"uv": [5, 5, 10, 6], "texture": "#0"}, "south": {"uv": [5, 6, 10, 7], "texture": "#0"}, "west": {"uv": [5, 7, 10, 8], "texture": "#0"}, "up": {"uv": [5, 5, 0, 0], "texture": "#0"}, "down": {"uv": [5, 5, 0, 10], "texture": "#0"} } }, { "from": [10, 0, 8], "to": [12, 1, 9], "rotation": {"angle": 22.5, "axis": "y", "origin": [15, 0, 11]}, "faces": { "north": {"uv": [5, 4, 10, 5], "texture": "#0"}, "east": {"uv": [5, 5, 10, 6], "texture": "#0"}, "south": {"uv": [5, 6, 10, 7], "texture": "#0"}, "west": {"uv": [5, 7, 10, 8], "texture": "#0"}, "up": {"uv": [5, 5, 0, 0], "texture": "#0"}, "down": {"uv": [5, 5, 0, 10], "texture": "#0"} } }, { "from": [9.4, 0, 5], "to": [12.4, 1, 8.5], "rotation": {"angle": 22.5, "axis": "y", "origin": [12, 0, 7]}, "faces": { "north": {"uv": [8, 0, 11, 1], "texture": "#0"}, "east": {"uv": [8, 2, 10, 3], "texture": "#0"}, "south": {"uv": [8, 1, 11, 2], "texture": "#0"}, "west": {"uv": [8, 3, 10, 4], "texture": "#0"}, "up": {"uv": [8, 2, 5, 0], "texture": "#0"}, "down": {"uv": [8, 2, 5, 4], "texture": "#0"} } }, { "from": [6, 1, 6], "to": [10, 1.75, 10], "rotation": {"angle": 22.5, "axis": "y", "origin": [9, 0, 7]}, "faces": { "north": {"uv": [8, 0, 11, 1], "texture": "#0"}, "east": {"uv": [8, 2, 10, 3], "texture": "#0"}, "south": {"uv": [8, 1, 11, 2], "texture": "#0"}, "west": {"uv": [8, 3, 10, 4], "texture": "#0"}, "up": {"uv": [8, 2, 5, 0], "texture": "#0"}, "down": {"uv": [8, 2, 5, 4], "texture": "#0"} } } ], "display": { "thirdperson_righthand": { "translation": [0, 7.75, 0] }, "thirdperson_lefthand": { "translation": [0, 7.75, 0] }, "firstperson_righthand": { "translation": [0, 8.25, 0] }, "firstperson_lefthand": { "translation": [0, 8.25, 0] }, "ground": { "translation": [0, 4, 0] }, "gui": { "rotation": [32, 32, 9], "translation": [-1.25, 6.25, 0], "scale": [1.31, 1.31, 1.31] }, "fixed": { "translation": [0, 6.75, 0] } }, "groups": [ { "name": "dirty_stone", "origin": [8, 0, 7], "color": 0, "children": [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] } ] }  
    • has anyone encountered an issue where they have the same mod installed on client and server but when the client tries to join the server the client disconnects immediately and gives this `Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: -1` while the problem exists only when the mod is loaded? Repo: https://github.com/Type-32/PreciseManufacturing/tree/1.20.1 Forge 1.20.1 Mod, logs gives no useful info, but I'm still gonna put it here Server logs: https://pastebin.com/SUBbg0fF No client logs here because when client disconnects it only shows that is has disconnected, and nothing more  
    • i'm tryin to play All The Mods 8 modpack using curseforge, in 1.19.2 and forge 43.3.8. The game is unable to launch... 8gb ram allocated to the game (i have 16gb) The error code is in pastebin.com/2WydJ7y4
    • Not sure what's causing this but I'm having my problem where my game crashes when i attack   Crash Log = https://pastebin.com/MrznXcx9
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.