Handle PlayerInteractEvent Problem

Spycoclown

Hallo,

i am trying to handle the event of PlayerInteractEvent.

My code is already getting this event but where do i find in that event what is the player interacting??

Does any body have a tipp for me how to find the right event?

I want to Handel

- Crafting

- Block placing

- Item Use

- break Block

- Do Dmg

where do i find these events? may be somebody have a tutorial for me.

it is not the problem to catch the event if i know what event i have to catch.

Thx for your help.

ps:

for example FillBucketEvent i can handle the fillbucket but where can i handle the Emptyfullbucket?

Hallo,

i am trying to handle the event of PlayerInteractEvent.

My code is already getting this event but where do i find in that event what is the player interacting??

Does any body have a tipp for me how to find the right event?

I want to Handel

- Crafting

- Block placing

- Item Use

- break Block

- Do Dmg

where do i find these events? may be somebody have a tutorial for me.

it is not the problem to catch the event if i know what event i have to catch.

Thx for your help.

ps:

for example FillBucketEvent i can handle the fillbucket but where can i handle the Emptyfullbucket?

For crafting implement ICraftingHandler and register with GameRegistry.registerCraftingHandler.

For block placing/breaking I don't think that there's any hook. I saw a bunch of PR implementing it (some looked really good), but as far as I know no one was accepted :-\.

For "do dmg" you can use LivingAttackEvent.

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.

For crafting implement ICraftingHandler and register with GameRegistry.registerCraftingHandler.

For block placing/breaking I don't think that there's any hook. I saw a bunch of PR implementing it (some looked really good), but as far as I know no one was accepted :-\.

For "do dmg" you can use LivingAttackEvent.

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.

There is a hook for interacting with blocks and with buckets. You can't detect breaking and placing blocks directly, however, you can cancel the PlayerInteractEvent to prevent breaking and placing.

One of the features of the mod I'm working on can define a region to prevent players from doing anything in it. For placing blocks, since the block you clicked on and where the block actually gets placed vary, I'd suggest you do this:

@ForgeSubscribe
public void onBlock(PlayerInteractEvent event)
{
	int x = event.x, z = event.z;
	if (event.action == PlayerInteractEvent.Action.RIGHT_CLICK_BLOCK)
	{
		switch(event.face)
		{
			case 2:
				z --;
				break;
			case 3:
				z ++;
				break;
			case 4:
				x --;
				break;
			case 5:
				x ++;
				break;
		}
	}
        }

Using that, you can then use the new x and z (and y if you want to add that in) positions to check for permissions. You can go even further and check if the item in the player's hand is an ItemBlock (which means it'll probably be placed shortly after this event triggers). That's probably about the closest you can get to checking for a player placing a block aside from checking if there is a block somewhere there wasn't one before, but then you'd have to handle removing the block yourself.

As for the buckets:

@ForgeSubscribe
public void onBucket(FillBucketEvent event)
{
	int x = event.target.blockX, z = event.target.blockZ;

if (event.target.typeOfHit.ordinal() == 0)
	{
		switch(event.target.sideHit)
		{
			case 2:
				z --;
				break;
			case 3:
				z ++;
				break;
			case 4:
				x --;
				break;
			case 5:
				x ++;
				break;
		}
	}
        }

Is the synonymous code I use for catching bucket events. This event should trigger for both filling and emptying buckets.

width=336 height=83http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1237/cooltext624963071.png[/img]

I make games, minecraft mods/plugins, and some graphic art.

Current Project: LoECraft - An industrial minecraft server with its own modpack and custom launcher.

There is a hook for interacting with blocks and with buckets. You can't detect breaking and placing blocks directly, however, you can cancel the PlayerInteractEvent to prevent breaking and placing.

One of the features of the mod I'm working on can define a region to prevent players from doing anything in it. For placing blocks, since the block you clicked on and where the block actually gets placed vary, I'd suggest you do this:

@ForgeSubscribe
public void onBlock(PlayerInteractEvent event)
{
	int x = event.x, z = event.z;
	if (event.action == PlayerInteractEvent.Action.RIGHT_CLICK_BLOCK)
	{
		switch(event.face)
		{
			case 2:
				z --;
				break;
			case 3:
				z ++;
				break;
			case 4:
				x --;
				break;
			case 5:
				x ++;
				break;
		}
	}
        }

Using that, you can then use the new x and z (and y if you want to add that in) positions to check for permissions. You can go even further and check if the item in the player's hand is an ItemBlock (which means it'll probably be placed shortly after this event triggers). That's probably about the closest you can get to checking for a player placing a block aside from checking if there is a block somewhere there wasn't one before, but then you'd have to handle removing the block yourself.

As for the buckets:

@ForgeSubscribe
public void onBucket(FillBucketEvent event)
{
	int x = event.target.blockX, z = event.target.blockZ;

if (event.target.typeOfHit.ordinal() == 0)
	{
		switch(event.target.sideHit)
		{
			case 2:
				z --;
				break;
			case 3:
				z ++;
				break;
			case 4:
				x --;
				break;
			case 5:
				x ++;
				break;
		}
	}
        }

Is the synonymous code I use for catching bucket events. This event should trigger for both filling and emptying buckets.

width=336 height=83http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1237/cooltext624963071.png[/img]

I make games, minecraft mods/plugins, and some graphic art.

Current Project: LoECraft - An industrial minecraft server with its own modpack and custom launcher.

Thx, so far i can handle alle the action a player want to do. but know i am looking for the crafting i want to cancel crafting items if they dont have permission. (he get the permission when his lvl is high enough)

maybe somebody have an idea how i get to that hook on the crafting result?

Thx, so far i can handle alle the action a player want to do. but know i am looking for the crafting i want to cancel crafting items if they dont have permission. (he get the permission when his lvl is high enough)

maybe somebody have an idea how i get to that hook on the crafting result?