1.14.4 Gradle 'runClient' command results in a Minecraft crash

SamMan

Hey y'all! :)

Recently started to get into mod development for a simple enough mod. However been having some troubles with the gradle 'runClient' command. It downloads the necessary files, attempts to run Minecraft but results in a crash. Crash report here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/GVD4wmqZbD/

What seems strange is I can run 1.14.4 Forge under normal circumstances (from the Minecraft launcher), but it doesn't seem to work from here. Is there some setting I can change from the gradle directory to help fix this error? I'm on a reasonably old laptop so its already slow to copy paste then go through the launcher each time. Updating my drivers (the time honored fix) isn't a possibility for me as afaik Intel don't even support my drivers anymore.

DxDiag: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/y3HS9TxPrS/

Forge: forge-1.14.4-28.1.0-mdk

Hopefully there's a fix for this. My PC definitely seems to be up to the task of running this but ain't seem to be sure whether my driver supports OpenGL

Thank you for reading! :D

Edit: Upon some thinking I thought the issue might be that since Minecraft bundles its own runtime environment, I might be using a different runtime environment to Minecraft. Will see if I can use the same runtime environment Minecraft does.

Edit2: This appears to confirmed be the case. Switching Minecraft to use the JRE that the gradle command uses causes the same crash in Minecraft. Since I now have a different question (How do I direct gradle to a different JRE) I'll make a new forum post (unless I find the answer via google). I'll leave this one here in case somebody else has the same issue.

Edit3: Here's the post: 

Edited by SamMan
Third Edit