Minecraft won't initialize

Sunzeen

I downloaded forge to run shader packs. the first couple times of running minecraft worked with no mods. I had accidentally closed the launcher while closing my browser window. The next time I tried to launch minecraft, I would see the forge loading screen, but then it closed and brought me back to the launcher and gave me the error message:

I have tried reinstalling minecraft, Java, and three different versions of forge: 

1.15.2 - 31.1.87, 1.15.2 - 31.1.78, 1.15.2 - 31.1.0, which was recommended

"The game crashed whilst initializing game Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW error before init: [0x10008]Win32: Failed to create interface"

The error log was as follows: 

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Daisy, daisy...

Time: 5/12/20 6:05 PM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW error before init: [0x10008]Win32: Failed to create interface
    at com.mojang.blaze3d.platform.GLX.func_229879_lam_(SourceFile:64) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at com.mojang.blaze3d.platform.GLX$$Lambda$1922/804836251.accept(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {}
    at net.minecraft.client.MainWindow.func_211162_a(SourceFile:136) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at com.mojang.blaze3d.platform.GLX._initGlfw(SourceFile:63) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at com.mojang.blaze3d.systems.RenderSystem.initBackendSystem(SourceFile:996) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(Minecraft.java:372) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:166) [?:?] {re:classloading}
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) ~[?:1.8.0_51] {}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLClientLaunchProvider.lambda$launchService$0(FMLClientLaunchProvider.java:56) [forge-1.15.2-31.1.0.jar:31.1] {}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLClientLaunchProvider$$Lambda$386/1427775702.call(Unknown Source) [forge-1.15.2-31.1.0.jar:31.1] {}
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:37) [modlauncher-5.0.0-milestone.4.jar:?] {}
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:54) [modlauncher-5.0.0-milestone.4.jar:?] {}
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:72) [modlauncher-5.0.0-milestone.4.jar:?] {}
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:81) [modlauncher-5.0.0-milestone.4.jar:?] {}
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:65) [modlauncher-5.0.0-milestone.4.jar:?] {}

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Render thread
Stacktrace:
    at com.mojang.blaze3d.platform.GLX.func_229879_lam_(SourceFile:64)
    at com.mojang.blaze3d.platform.GLX$$Lambda$1922/804836251.accept(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.client.MainWindow.func_211162_a(SourceFile:136)
    at com.mojang.blaze3d.platform.GLX._initGlfw(SourceFile:63)
    at com.mojang.blaze3d.systems.RenderSystem.initBackendSystem(SourceFile:996)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(Minecraft.java:372)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:166)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLClientLaunchProvider.lambda$launchService$0(FMLClientLaunchProvider.java:56)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLClientLaunchProvider$$Lambda$386/1427775702.call(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:37)
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:54)
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:72)
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:81)
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:65)

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.15.2
    Minecraft Version ID: 1.15.2
    Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
    Java Version: 1.8.0_51, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 917825872 bytes (875 MB) / 2147483648 bytes (2048 MB) up to 2147483648 bytes (2048 MB)
    CPUs: 2
    JVM Flags: 9 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xss1M -Xmx2G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M
    Launched Version: 1.15.2-forge-31.1.0
    Backend library: LWJGL version 3.2.2 build 10
    Backend API: NO CONTEXT
    GL Caps: 
    Using VBOs: Yes
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    CPU: <unknown>

I am not sure what to do, I have done research into the problem, I still can't seem to find a solution. I am also new to this kind of stuff, so please pardon an stupid mistakes I have made. Does anyone have this same problem and know hoe to fix it?

15 minutes ago, Sunzeen said:

I am not sure what to do, I have done research into the problem, I still can't seem to find a solution. I am also new to this kind of stuff, so please pardon an stupid mistakes I have made. Does anyone have this same problem and know hoe to fix it?

Have you downloaded Java 8 specifically?

If so was it 64x or 32x?

Also do you have any gamepads connected? If so try disconnecting them.

Apologies for so many questions haha

All I can find online in terms of suggestions is to restart your computer, hope at least something I've said helps!

Edited by squidlex

1 hour ago, squidlex said:

Have you downloaded Java 8 specifically?

If so was it 64x or 32x?

Also do you have any gamepads connected? If so try disconnecting them.

Apologies for so many questions haha

All I can find online in terms of suggestions is to restart your computer, hope at least something I've said helps!

I know I have Java 8. I haven't seen an option to choose from 32x or 64x, but I think that might be the problem. I have noticed (but I don't remember where) the phrase 32x. i am running Windows 64x. could that be causing problems? What about forge? does it come in 64 bit and 32 bit editions? I also don't have any game pads or controllers connected, and I never have

Edited by Sunzeen

18 hours ago, Sunzeen said:

I know I have Java 8. I haven't seen an option to choose from 32x or 64x, but I think that might be the problem. I have noticed (but I don't remember where) the phrase 32x. i am running Windows 64x. could that be causing problems? What about forge? does it come in 64 bit and 32 bit editions? I also don't have any game pads or controllers connected, and I never have

I'm sorry I couldn't really be of any help