(SOLVED) Custom Crafting Table recipes not working

It's me again. I got the custom crafting table to work – it appears in the world, I can open it, and it doesn't close right away, which is always a plus. However, it doesn't seem my new recipe type has registered. Here is a picture of my directory to see which classes I copied over.

How am I supposed to register a new recipe type?

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 7.45.10 PM.png

Edited by TheThorneCorporation
  • Thanks 1

debug.logBumping because I can't figure out how to register the Recipe/RecipeSerializer.

I have this class to store the advanced crafting recipe type:

public interface IThorneRecipeType<T extends IRecipe<?>> extends IRecipeType<T> {
   IRecipeType<IAdvancedCraftingRecipe> ADVANCED_CRAFTING = register("advanced_crafting");

static <T extends IRecipe<?>> IThorneRecipeType<T> register(final String key) {
      return Registry.register(Registry.RECIPE_TYPE, new ResourceLocation(key), new IThorneRecipeType<T>() {
         public String toString() {
            return key;
         }
      });
   }

default <C extends IInventory> Optional<T> matches(IRecipe<C> recipe, World worldIn, C inv) {
      return recipe.matches(inv, worldIn) ? Optional.of((T)recipe) : Optional.empty();
   }
}

which should have registered the recipe type. (I'm doing both shapeless and shaped advanced crafting recipes.)

I also have this class which should have registered the advanced recipe type serializers:

public interface IThorneRecipeSerializer<T extends IRecipe<?>> extends IRecipeSerializer<T> {

IRecipeSerializer<ShapelessAdvancedRecipe> ADVANCED_CRAFTING_SHAPELESS = register("advanced_crafting_shapeless", new ShapelessAdvancedRecipe.Serializer());
	IRecipeSerializer<ShapedAdvancedRecipe> ADVANCED_CRAFTING_SHAPED = register("advanced_crafting_shaped", new ShapedAdvancedRecipe.Serializer());

static <S extends IRecipeSerializer<T>, T extends IRecipe<?>> S register(String key, S recipeSerializer) {
		return IRecipeSerializer.register(key, recipeSerializer);
	}
}

The recipe still isn't registering, though. Am I supposed to use a RegistryEvent or something?

Oops, wrong log.

First, extending an interface is arbitrary the way you are doing it. IRecipeType does not need to be extended and can be just declared a static final variable using IRecipeType#register. Second, IRecipeSerializer needs to be extended on a ForgeRegistryEntry class. The reason I say this is even though you might have already done it is that if you looked at the original class, you can see it extends a basic implementation of a registry. So yes, you do need a RegistryEvent using the old method or could update to using DeferredRegister and RegistryObject.

• Like 1

Okay, I rewrote IThorneRecipeSerializer like this:

public interface IThorneRecipeSerializer<T extends IRecipe<?>> extends IRecipeSerializer<T> {

public static IRecipeSerializer<ShapelessAdvancedRecipe> ADVANCED_CRAFTING_SHAPELESS = register("advanced_crafting_shapeless", new ShapelessAdvancedRecipe.Serializer());
	public static IRecipeSerializer<ShapedAdvancedRecipe> ADVANCED_CRAFTING_SHAPED = register("advanced_crafting_shaped", new ShapedAdvancedRecipe.Serializer());

static <S extends IRecipeSerializer<T>, T extends IRecipe<?>> S register(String key, S recipeSerializer) {
		return IRecipeSerializer.register(key, recipeSerializer);
	}
}

and added this to my RegistryEvents:

@SubscribeEvent
public static void registerRecipeSerializers(final RegistryEvent.Register<IRecipeSerializer<?>> event) {
	event.getRegistry().registerAll
	(
		IThorneRecipeSerializer.ADVANCED_CRAFTING_SHAPED,
		IThorneRecipeSerializer.ADVANCED_CRAFTING_SHAPELESS
	);
}

but it's still not working.

I'll work on getting a GitHub repo up.