Generating a world gen structure

M1kep

Hi, so im trying to generate a world gen structure whenever i use an item. for example, if i right click with my item i want it to generate a mine shaft right there.

Does anybody have any tips for where to start?

Will be fairly easy.

In the method, just call something like this

@Override
    public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World, EntityPlayer par3EntityPlayer)
    {
        WorldGenFileYouWant gen = new WorldGenFileYouWant();
        gen.genereateStructureMethod();
        return par1ItemStack;
    }

Are you also trying to make your own structure?

If you need help with that i can help

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

Sure go ahead. xD

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

Ok, so Im attempting to generate a village and im running into some problems, i cant seem to figure out what the Array Of Bytes is for and also i dont really see how to go about generating the village, heres my code:

@Override
public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World,
		EntityPlayer par3EntityPlayer) {
	IChunkProvider chunk = par2World.getChunkProvider();
	MapGenVillage gen = new MapGenVillage();
	byte[] par5ArrayOfByte;
	gen.generate(chunk, par2World, 10, 10, par5ArrayOfByte);
	return par1ItemStack;
}

Any idea??

Make your own generation file for a village? That way you can make it a lot easier...

Make your own village WorldGen file and call that instead.

Go on youtube and search how to make structures. Especially the tutorial by theinstitutions. He shows you how to do structure generation and such. Then all you have to do is find the places where specific parts of the village you want and past it into the generate() method in the world gen file you create :D

Your welcome for what help i HAVE given you, thank theinstitutions for the rest xD

Yeah that one will do. But you only need to worry about the WorldGen file. The rest is not really that relavent to what you are doing. But its good to know anyway :D

Hmm..

While I look at the Vanilla code, I would suggest using world.setBlock() and make your own replica of a village!

Im looking through the vanilla code now and it is a little confusing...

Wuppy29*

But yeah, there is that too :P

its in his 1.3.2 tutorials. Try them xD