Adding mod compatibility (detecting furnaces from other mods)

A Soulspark

In my mod, you can place a tea kettle block on top of any burning furnace to make it boil. However, I'm only checking if it's an instanceof AbstractFurnaceBlock, which isn't the case for some modded furnaces.

How exactly can I add compatibility with these other mods? I could check if the block is in a tag containing many modded furnaces, but how do I check if it's burning then? There must be a better alternative to this.

Mmmm there is not a really fire proof way to do such things unfortunately...i suppose you could check if the block you tagged as a furnace has some kind of blockstate property like the vanilla LIT property. You could look into the other mods that adds furnace like blocks and check which property those block defines to check wether the furnace is burning or not. Then in your mod your tea kettle would check for those properties in the block below. This is the first method that came to my mind..perhaps there is something even better

• Thanks 1

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

Don't trust too much modded blocks to have a LIT state, you should do some research yourself and see what exactly are the properties they define, so you can add more support (at least for the mods you are interested in adding support to)

Edited by Beethoven92

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port