Crashing on Startup after Initialization 1.15.2

PeerPope

Hi, 

After 1 day of playing without issues, my game keeps crashing on start up with a rendering overlay error.

I play with a friend on a private server that we set up, so we have identical mods, resource packs and shaders (literally sent him a zip of my files). For some reason, I have experienced this crash when he hasn't experienced a single one. I have better specs and allocate more ram to the game without being the one hosting the server and needing to allocate resources to it.

Here is a long winded explanation of things that I have tried, but the TLDR is that I basically ran out of posts to read through and decided to post.

Spoiler

I checked that the version of Optifine was compatible with Forge.
I made sure to download the mods for the 15.2 version of Minecraft from Curse Forge.
I changed the render distance to 8.
I made sure the launcher closed on startup.
I allocated more and less RAM to the game (2,4,8,12GB).
I removed some mods I believed to be problematic, like Immersive Engineering.
I tried multiple resource packs. BDCraft and Chromahills. 128px and 512px.
I tried multiple shaderpacks. KUDA Shaders and BSL.
I tried deleting config files (This allowed it to sometimes start up, once, which eventually ended in the same crash), did not seem to be a reliable or sustainable solution.
Tried different version of Forge (31.2.45 and 31.2.50) with fresh installs of Minecraft and Forge each time. 
I did not try removing and adding individual mods because, as I said, myself and my friend are running identical files and he hasn't had an error since we started.
I installed the latest version of Java and graphics drivers.
I use a gaming laptop, have heard that there might be issues with onboard/discreet gpus (vanilla runs without issue though).
Noticed a lot of similar errors in posts using 2060/2070 cards, not sure if this is related at all.

Crashes seem to occur most often after changing shader/resource packs or whenever I enter the game after getting it to randomly run once after deleting the configs.
Sometimes it would run without shaders/resource packs, but not reliably.

Logs:

Crash Report

Latest

Debug

I hope this post provides enough detail, if anything is missing, please let me know. 
I am out of ideas and know very little to actually make any real use of the logs.
Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: forgot to add the error message.

The game crashed whilst rendering overlay Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering overlay Exit Code: -1

Edited by PeerPope

• PeerPope changed the title to Crashing on Startup after Initialization 1.15.2

Ah thanks. Well, I did the mods one by one thing today. Got it working with most  of them then realised I had Biomes of Plenty and BYG in the same pack. Removed BYG. Got it running. For the entire afternoon, with full resources and shaders. 

Then it randomly started doing the same. Took out Botania like you suggested. Got it working again. Not sure how stable it is yet (might be a test over a few days sorta thing).

I'm still confused how my mate with the exact same file setup hasn't had a single issue yet though. What is in my system that causes it to trigger for me and not for him?

I appreciate the suggestions though. This has been destroying my will to live for 4 days now.

I mostly saw this issue with modpacks that were missing dependencies. The problem is, the crash is not Botania's fault. It might still crash with other mods. A modlist might be usefull.

Edited by Thorius
grammar