Eclipse wont open the minecraft project.

_Bobobot_

I installed forge following these instructions:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Installation/Source

However, when I open eclipse, and point the workspace folder to "forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277-src\eclipse", I only see this:

GC0ctu0.png

The \eclipse folder only contains a .metadata folder, which then contains these files:

2mDg09p.png

After trying to do a troubleshoot myself, I found out that the whole forge folder does not contain any of the decompiled minecraft files. After searching a bit, I found them in a tmp folder which suggests to me that those files were only meant to be temporary.

In the folder "forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277-src\build\tmp\expandedArchives" I found these two folders, which then contained the source files of minecraft (at least I think they did).

So my idea is that gradlew can not copy those files to the right place, or something similar. I'm not an expert in this, so it is of course possible that I'm completely wrong.

Could anyone help me please?

I'm not sure what I did wrong then. Let my write down the steps I went through.

I downloaded the 1.7.10 latest src from here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/

After that, I extracted the downloaded package, went into the extracted folder, and opened a command prompt there.

Then, I wrote in "gradlew setupDecompWorkspace --refresh-dependencies", and after it completed, I typed in "gradlew eclipse".

After that, I opened eclipse, pointed the workspace to the eclipse folder in the extracted forge folder, and then I got that error.

Am I doing something wrong?

I tried it again and again countless times, still no luck.

The weird thing is, that the wiki say the process might take up to 10 minutes, but for me it only takes about half a minute.

This is how my cmd window looks after running the command you suggested:

8yHtcNM.png

It say SKIPPED for a lot of things, that might be a problem, I'm not sure.

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Minecraft Version: 1.8-1.20.X Forge Version: All (Tested on 49.0.27, 11.14.4.1577 and some others) Steps to Reproduce: Setup a server with IPV6 only Setup a docker container with forge Try to connect to the Forge Server Description of issue: Hello, I am reaching out to seek your expertise within this forum to clarify a technical situation I am encountering, suspecting a potential issue related to Forge in a Docker environment, specifically in an IPv6 context. Initial Configuration: Debian 12 server, configured exclusively for IPv6, with Docker installed. Using the Docker image ghcr.io/pterodactyl/yolks:java_17, launching a Minecraft Vanilla server version 1.20.4 proceeds without any issues. Problem: The issue arises when deploying a Minecraft Forge server version 1.20.4 with the same Docker image (ghcr.io/pterodactyl/yolks:java_17), where connecting to the server becomes impossible. Notably, this issue does not occur when launching outside of Docker, where the server functions as expected. Hypothesis: This situation leads me to question the interaction between Forge and Docker, particularly in an IPv6-only configuration, despite several resolution attempts (testing with different versions of Forge, adjusting container network configurations (0.0.0.0, ::/0, and the server's ipv6), trials with various network settings, and modifications of Java options). Further testing was conducted with and without the use of the Pterodactyl game panel, unsuccessfully. The parameter -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false also did not provide a solution. I tried to do the same things on multiple Minecraft server (include vanilla,spigot,fabric,sponge) and this work fine. The problem only happend with Forge. This issue seem to happend on all forge versions.   I appreciate your time and assistance in advance.
    • The game crashed whilst exception ticking world Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "net.minecraft.resources.ResourceLocation.equals(Object)" because "this.lootTableId" is null Error given is above. I was already playing for around 15 minutes and wasn't doing anything specific or even breaking anything when the crashed happened. This is update 1.19.2 forge: 43.2.23 Mod list: ESSENTIAL Mod (by SparkUniverse_) Traveler's Titles (Forge) (by YUNGNICKYOUNG) Resourceful Config (by ThatGravyBoat) Dynamic Lights (by atomicstrykergrumpy) TenzinLib (by CommodoreThrawn) Nature's Compass (by Chaosyr) Library Ferret - Forge (by jtl_elisa) Cold Sweat (by Mikul) Simple Voice Chat (by henkelmax) Waystones (by BlayTheNinth) Carry On (by Tschipp) [Let's Do] Meadow (by satisfy) Creeper Overhaul (by joosh_7889) AutoRegLib (by Vazkii) Moonlight Lib (by MehVahdJukaar) AppleSkin (by squeek502) Xaero's World Map (by xaero96) Rotten Creatures (by fusionstudiomc) YUNG's API (Forge) (by YUNGNICKYOUNG) Village Artifacts (by Lothrazar) Right Click, Get Crops (by TeamCoFH) Supplementaries (by MehVahdJukaar) Automatic Tool Swap (by MelanX) Better Third Person (by Socolio) Supplementaries Squared (by plantspookable) Traveler's Backpack (by Tiviacz1337) Caelus API (Forge/NeoForge) (by TheIllusiveC4) Creatures and Beasts (by joosh_7889) Architectury API (Fabric/Forge/NeoForge) (by shedaniel) Quark Oddities (by Vazkii) Origins (Forge) (by EdwinMindcraft) Villager Names (by Serilum) GeckoLib (by Gecko) Realistic Bees (by Serilum) Illuminations Forge 🔥 (by dimadencep) Serene Seasons (by TheAdubbz) Critters and Companions (by joosh_7889) [Let's Do] Bakery (by satisfy) Falling Leaves (Forge) (by Cheaterpaul) Jade 🔍 (by Snownee) Collective (by Serilum) TerraBlender (Forge) (by TheAdubbz) [Let's Do] API (by Cristelknight) Towns and Towers (by Biban_Auriu) More Villagers (by SameDifferent) Biomes O' Plenty (by Forstride) Goblin Traders (by MrCrayfish) Corpse (by henkelmax) Tree Harvester (by Serilum) Balm (Forge Edition) (by BlayTheNinth) Mouse Tweaks (by YaLTeR) Sound Physics Remastered (by henkelmax) Xaero's Minimap (by xaero96) Just Enough Items (JEI) (by mezz) Terralith (by Starmute) Quark (by Vazkii) [Let's Do] Vinery (by satisfy) [Let's Do] Candlelight (by satisfy) Repurposed Structures (Neoforge/Forge) (by telepathicgrunt) Dusty Decorations (by flint_mischiff) Immersive Armors [Fabric/Forge] (by Conczin) Serene Seasons Fix (by Or_OS) Shutup Experimental Settings! (by Corgi_Taco) Skin Layers 3D (Fabric/Forge) (by tr7zw)
    • Make sure Java is running via Nvidia GPU https://windowsreport.com/minecraft-not-using-gpu/  
    • Also make a test with other Custom Launchers like AT Launcher, MultiMC or Technic Launcher
    • Embeddium and valkyrienskies are not working together - remove one of these mods With removing Embeddium, also remove Oculus, TexTrue's Embeddium Options and Embeddium Extras Or use Rubidium instead
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.