How to override the loot tables of the other mods?

TYPyz

Hi
I am creating a modpack and within this modpack there are various mods which create different iron ores. I would like to create a mod that modifies the loot tables of a mod in such a way that breaking a limestone_iron_ore drops me a raw_iron_ore. The raw_iron_ore, however, is added by another mod.
For the moment what I did was create a mod containing this loot table: https://pastebin.com/1HtqqpzE
Unfortunately it didn't work.
I guess it is a little more complicated than that and therefore I wonder if anyone could help me as I do not have the slightest experience in programming of any kind, giving me some tips and some advice on how to do so that this loot table overwrites that of the two mods .

Edited by TYPyz

• TYPyz changed the title to How to override the loot tables of the other mods?

This does not need a mod. You would just need to replace the loot table with your own by simply providing the file in the same location as the one you are replacing, but in your own datapack. You would also need to make sure that the global loot modifiers do not have an effect by checking those in the mods to make sure they don't do anything you don't want to the particular block.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...