[1.16.5] ExceptionInInitializerError when registering custom Biome with custom SurfaceBuilder

Luis_ST

I am currently creating a custom dimension with custom biome.
Since the dimension has no real surface that has to be created, i have used the default surfacebuilder (from vanilla), until now.
but now i have created my own surfacebuilder for the biome. but now i get an error when registering the biome.

this is the log:

latest.log

this is the registration class of my biome
this is my biome
and this my surfacebuilder

Edited by Luis_ST

There's a little error that sneaks by here that explains the issue: 'Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Registry Object not present: industry:default_deepslate'.

You statically held an instance of a registry object and classloaded the associated object before registry events have passed. Surface builders are registered after biomes after all. Instead, wrap the instance in a supplier. This should be done for all registry objects including the Features. Just make sure to remember to register the configured data during common setup.

At some point, I suggest moving to JSON as your biome could be fully declared within there.

8 hours ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Instead, wrap the instance in a supplier.

like that:?

public static final RegistryObject<SurfaceBuilder<SurfaceBuilderConfig>> DEFAULT_DEEPSLATE = SURFACE_BUILDERS.register("default_deepslate", 
			DefaultDeepslateSurfaceBuilder::new);

Just make sure to remember to register the configured data during common setup.

how exactly, is there a class/method i have to use.
I currently use the vanilla registry because I have not found anything from forge for the registration

At some point, I suggest moving to JSON as your biome could be fully declared within there.

I will think about this, but I will probably not move the biome to json because I hate json

7 hours ago, Luis_ST said:

like that:?

The ConfiguredSurfaceBuilder when being passed into the biome.

7 hours ago, Luis_ST said:

I currently use the vanilla registry because I have not found anything from forge for the registration

Call the vanilla registry event within common setup. That's when these objects should be registered anyways.

52 minutes ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

The ConfiguredSurfaceBuilder when being passed into the biome.

thanks that fixed the problem

53 minutes ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Call the vanilla registry event within common setup. That's when these objects should be registered anyways.

I'll change that later, but thanks for your help