GUI From Item

Sleepwalkerx

Hello. In my mod, I need my item to open the gui when the left mouse button is pressed and change the properties of the same item. I figured out how to open my gui with -> NetworkHooks :: openGui. However, I have 2 questions.
1) How to transfer the subject on which I opened?
2) How the client and server parts work. That is, I do not understand how to change the nbt tag of an item from Sceen(such as pressing a button), which works on the client, and so that this is on the server?

Also, I essentially need to register my Container with Forge, but this registration is done through the IFactory method, which forces it to adhere to one pattern.
In general, please help me to understand this all in advance thanks.

I also wanted to ask for a bonus, is it possible to open Gui by their registration id?

MC version ->1.15.2

Edited by Sleepwalkerx

1. Transfer what subject? The focus of the screen? It's always on the currently open screen.

2. Changing anything on the client does not work, you would need to send a packet back to the server with the change or have the logic execute on the server (preferably the latter).

On 5/22/2021 at 1:57 PM, Sleepwalkerx said:

Also, I essentially need to register my Container with Forge, but this registration is done through the IFactory method, which forces it to adhere to one pattern.

It's a factory to create a container for a specific circumstance. It's not supposed to be reusable for every single thing you do. If you wanted that, do some inheritance to make it to the point where the amount of code needed to modify is minimal.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:57 PM, Sleepwalkerx said:

I also wanted to ask for a bonus, is it possible to open Gui by their registration id?

Screens don't have a registry object, they are only present on the logical client. They can be attached to containers to give a server a client form or they can just be standalone. If you're going to open a screen, you can simply just call the display screen method either in Minecraft or ClientPlayerEntity similar to how the sign does it.

57 minutes ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

1. Transfer what subject? The focus of the screen? It's always on the currently open screen.

2. Changing anything on the client does not work, you would need to send a packet back to the server with the change or have the logic execute on the server (preferably the latter).

It's a factory to create a container for a specific circumstance. It's not supposed to be reusable for every single thing you do. If you wanted that, do some inheritance to make it to the point where the amount of code needed to modify is minimal.

Screens don't have a registry object, they are only present on the logical client. They can be attached to containers to give a server a client form or they can just be standalone. If you're going to open a screen, you can simply just call the display screen method either in Minecraft or ClientPlayerEntity similar to how the sign does it.

Thank you very much for your answer, but while I was waiting for the answer I figured it out myself. Thanks to the developer Botania, I took an example from there. However, I have another question about the GUI, I have already posted it on the forum.
Thank you very much for your help!