Generate and change TileEntity model and texture.

Stay1444

Im trying to learn how to do some kind of pipe that can connect to the 6 sides, and change color depending on some variables. I also want to be able to right click the pipe with another item and add modify the pipe model to add that (Like the thermal dynamic itemducts with servos). 

So i think that i need to generate the pipe model (VoxelShape etc) and texture at runtime? Because if it has 6 sides and the 6 sides can have said item its like a lot of combinations to make a blockmodel json right? 

I might be in a completly wrong path, ive never done this kind of dynamic block so i have no idea of where to begin. Any help appreciated. Forge 1.16.4

1 hour ago, Stay1444 said:

Im trying to learn how to do some kind of pipe that can connect to the 6 sides, and change color depending on some variables. I also want to be able to right click the pipe with another item and add modify the pipe model to add that (Like the thermal dynamic itemducts with servos). 

So i think that i need to generate the pipe model (VoxelShape etc) and texture at runtime? Because if it has 6 sides and the 6 sides can have said item its like a lot of combinations to make a blockmodel json right?

vanilla has the SixWayBlock, you can extends the Block
you should have an "apply-when" blockstate.json, and the model should consist of several parts

an example for an SixWayBlock would be the ChorusFruitBlock
an example for an "apply-when" blockstate.json are all fences and walles