Should I have a TileEntity and Entity for a sittable block with a dynamic texture?

The_Biggest_Noob

I have a Wrench Item and when you shift-right click a block with it, it checks if it is a stair, then replaces it with a sittable stair. I haven't actually implemented the sitting functionality yet because I have read on the forums that to make a sittable block you create an entity and when the sittable stair is clicked make the player mount the entity, but I also would like to implement a dynamic texture (not sure if that is the right term) using tile entities so when the stair changes into a sittable stair its texture doesn't change. I am not sure if this is the most practical way to do this, and I would like to know if it would affect performance having a tile entity and entity for each sittable stair. Also would I be able to have just a tile entity or entity to accomplish this? Also I'm kind-of new to modding and my code isn't very good.

Wrench class:

public class WrenchItem extends Item
{
    public WrenchItem(Properties properties)
    {
        super(properties);
    }

@Override
    public ActionResultType onItemUse(ItemUseContext context)
    {
        // Useful variables
        World world = context.getWorld();
        BlockPos blockpos = context.getPos();
        BlockState blockstate = world.getBlockState(blockpos);
        PlayerEntity player = context.getPlayer();

boolean flag = false;

// On use
        if (player.isSneaking())
        {
            // Shift right click
            // Tile entity for dynamic tex
            // Entity for sitting
            // Add custom use sound
            if (StairsBlock.isBlockStairs(blockstate) && !world.isRemote)
            {
                world.setBlockState(blockpos, BlockInit.SITTABLE_STAIRS.get().getDefaultState()
                        .with(SittableStairsBlock.FACING, blockstate.get((StairsBlock.FACING)))
                        .with(SittableStairsBlock.HALF, blockstate.get((StairsBlock.HALF)))
                        .with(SittableStairsBlock.WATERLOGGED, blockstate.get((StairsBlock.WATERLOGGED)))
                        .with(SittableStairsBlock.SHAPE, blockstate.get((StairsBlock.SHAPE)))
                        , 1);

flag = true;
            }
        }
        else
        {
            // Right click
            if (blockstate.getBlock() == Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK && !world.isRemote)
            {
                world.setBlockState(blockpos, Blocks.DIRT.getDefaultState(), 1);

flag = true;
            }
        }

// Damages wrench when used, updates changed blocks, and plays use sound
        if (flag)
        {
            context.getItem().damageItem(1, player, (Consumer) -> {player.sendBreakAnimation(context.getHand());});
            this.playUseSound(world, blockpos);
            world.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(blockpos, blockstate.getBlock());

return ActionResultType.SUCCESS;
        }
        else
        {
            return ActionResultType.PASS;
        }
    }

private void playUseSound(World worldIn, BlockPos pos)
    {
        worldIn.playSound((PlayerEntity)null, pos, SoundEvents.ITEM_FIRECHARGE_USE, SoundCategory.BLOCKS, 1.0F, (random.nextFloat() - random.nextFloat()) * 0.2F + 1.0F);
    }
}

Edited by The_Biggest_Noob