Black particles when breaking blocks and slight lag as it "calculates" the black particles

shrad1994

My problem is as stated, whenever I break blocks many black particles appear sporadically for a split second over any blocks broken in the past 2 or so seconds. 

https://imgur.com/a/bEgGDkG

I am playing single player and experiencing tiny barely noticeable lag spikes at moments almost similar to playing on a server with anti-xray defenses as the whole black particle debacle is happening. This also happens when placing torches at times so I'm assuming it could have something to do with calculating shadows and light perhaps? I'm not really grand at all this so hoping for a bone to chase. Could it be the lack of Optiforge due to no update for 1.18.1 being available stopping the two mods from playing nice together?

There is no debug log as there is no crash, my modlist is as follows:

Optifine_1.18.1_HD_U_H4 (Possible culprit?)
Jade-1.18-4.0.2 (Basically HWYLA, showing hud of what block you're targetting, other possible culprit?)

appleskin-forge-mc1.18-2.2.0 (Adds hunger UI elements, purely visual)
configured-1.5.1-1.18.1 (Adds a search bar to keybinds menu)
corpse-1.18-1.7 (Places your lootable "corpse" at death point)
excavation-1.18-1.7 (Basically veinminer until veinminer updates to 1.18)
GameMenuModOption-1.18-Forge-1.13 (Adds a "mod options" button ingame)
InventoryHud-1.18.forge-3.4.4 (Purely visual hud elements for your inventory)
inventorysorter-1.18-19.0.0 (Allows sorting inventories with a middle mouse click)
jei_1.18.1 (Inventory recipes and such)
MouseTweaks-forge-mc1.18-2.16 (Adds mouse functionality in inventories such as dragging and double clicking and such)
PickUpNotifier-v3.1.0-1.18.1-Forge (Visibly shows pickups on the side of your screen)
PuzzlesLib-v3.1.1-1.18.1-Forge (Requirement for some mods)
SimpleStorageNetwork-1.18-1.5.1 (A very simple storage system)
veinmining-forge-1.18-0.14 (Adds a "vein mining" enchantment, not currently on any of my gear)
Xaeros_minimap_21.22.5_Forge_1.18 (Adds a minimap)
XaerosWorldMap_1.18.7_Forge_1.18 (Adds a World map)

With all due respect that was the first thing I tried - unfortunately to no avail.

Even tried it again just now to make sure I didn't just fuss up a step in removing it.

EDIT* Although, interestingly without Optifine it seems to be happening significantly less often. Neither my ram nor cpu usage is going above 30% at the peak. Minecraft has around 12 gb of ram to play with as well which it isn't fully utilizing either. 

Edited by shrad1994

Well with some debugging I think I've found my culprit.

Purely to save you some headache if anyone else has the same issue:
Jade (more or less HWYLA) 

With only forge I was unable to reproduce the issue - with Jade as the only mod it began happening instantly.
With my entire modlist excluding Jade (including Optifine) I was unable to reproduce the issue.

Thank you for your time and help.