A bunch of questions about crafting and drop(decrease durability on craft)

opadfnezig

So, im kinda new to modding. Trying to make relatively complicated mod(as I see now, it breaks the api a little bit...), and faced into some problems, especially with crafting.

I think I should tell a little bit about my mod, you actually can skip this part, but if you don't get something, i strongly suggest to read this part.
The goal i'm chasing is to implement similar food mechanics to TFC classic(1.7.10) mechanics. In a nutshell, it's food with durrability, and when you eat, you consume as much as you need(like if you have a steak and 1 hunger, if you eat it, stake's potential wastes, in case of my mod, it shouldn't). That's it, that's already done(with little bugs thou, but done). Now I have to do crafting somehow, using that items and modify durability while crafting. And it doesn't seems to be easy.

And.. question 1 will be: is it possible to hardcode crafts in 1.16.5?
I know.. it's kinda not beautifull, but I really hate the json system. I've made as much crafts as possible by using it, but now, when I need to implement some logic, it's such a headache.

This question is about repearing. I mean, placing two damaged items in recipe grid. If you add 2 8/10 items, you'll get just one 10/10 item, and nothing more. I'd like 6/10 item to apear in grid after crafting.

Also there should be a recipe for extracting seeds with knife(i don't like to loose knife and whole peace of crop after craft).

And the last one. Well, I should change drop of crops if it's broken by special tool. I know, it's possible to do it by adding harvest tools, but I can't modify vanilla crops(maybe only by reflection..). Seems like it's reasonable to use onBlockBroken event, or something like that, but I keep finding deprecated code examples in google, and it doesn't work for me. Maybe there is a better solution.

About crafts.. I tried to figure out how CraftSerializers works, and i think it might be a good solution for that crafting stuff. But don't understand how to bind the serializer to regular minecraft crafting. Tried to read ShapelessRecipe class, but don't understand what happens in mathes, so cant do any assumptions how should I modify it.