Trouble setting up a Forge Server

Seanbeag

I'm trying to set up a server to run a few mods. I downloaded the launcher and selected the server option. I then directed it to my server folder. It downloaded 2 jars and a library folder. I launched the Forge .jar and it went to the server console. It then spammed the same thing over and over.

at hp.b(SourceFile:52)

at hp.a(SourceFile:42)

Now and again I see something about it failing to generate a properties file but it flashes up so fast I can't read it properly. It spams this stuff non stop and I have to use task manager to close it. The server folder does not change.

Can I just clarify one or two things also? In an effort to make the installation sound easy most people give pretty useless instructions. For example, the instructions say to launch the installer but unless you have a certain set up you actually have to right click on it and open with java. Are there any other steps that have been oversimplified like this that I might be missing?

For example, when you use the installer do you install it to an empty folder, your server folder or your minecraft folder (as is the default)? Does it matter where you install it to?

I'm running Win7 64bit if that makes any difference.