Making config IDs for metadata, biomes

Cyan

Hello,

Is there a proper way to make IDs for metadata? Naturally the it can't be done the way a normal block or item is done, and I haven't seen anything suggesting it can be done. Although I'm sure there is a way. I saw one of the tutorials on the wiki has a "chaining configurations" section, but Im not sure that exactly applies(although it could, since that portion didn't offer much explanation).

Same question for biomes. Adding configurable IDs only allows one custom biome to generate(if there are multiple registered under the config). This one I'm not sure can be done, but I figured I would ask anyway.

Thanks in advanced!

Configurable Biomes ids ? of course, like any block or item...put an int into your config file.  :P

I don't see the point for metadata actually. You'll need to initialize all of your block versions, and check that none overlap...

Even worse for items, you don't have any limitation if you use item damage.

Well..Like I said in the initial post, if you have more than one biome ID in your config file, it appears to only generate the last biome added to the config.

The point of metadata is to keep the clutter down. I find it  much cleaner to create one item file for 15 similar items than to make them all separate.

Well..Like I said in the initial post, if you have more than one biome ID in your config file, it appears to only generate the last biome added to the config.

You could store anything in your configFile, it doesnt have to be a biome/block ID it can be any int.

So it should work to add the biome ID's as well.

Have you seen this http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/How_to_make_an_advanced_configuration_file ?

Especially the third option is handy I think:

int someInteger = Integer.parseInt(config.getOrCreateProperty("SomeInteger", Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, ""+100).value);

Check it out ;)

The point of metadata is to keep the clutter down. I find it  much cleaner to create one item file for 15 similar items than to make them all separate.

Metadata is nice for blocks yeah, but why do you need it saved in the config?

if blockA has ID 280 and it's metadata 280:1 is a white version, then if blockA has a different ID like 530 then it's white version would still be the metadata value 1.

So why would you need your own config for them? :)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • It's not only with storage drawers, but in create: Deco too with these mods we added create: deco and inventory sorter (by cpw) these 3 were all recently we play in 1.20.1
    • You should post full logs to show the big picture.   Does it work without Optifine?
    • I play with my friends on a shared world with essential mod, but recently we added storage drawers an the blocs of it show random blocs. Can someone help me? In the following image, the walls are oak drawers and the birch drwaer is the drawer controller. https://ibb.co/wKfBvtF
    • The error code shows that i have outdated mods, but only coFH core crashes my game and it's not outdated + i double checked and its on the right version of forge. -- Head -- Thread: Render thread Stacktrace:     at cofh.core.client.PostEffect.m_6213_(PostEffect.java:80) ~[cofh_core-1.20.1-11.0.2.56.jar%23218!/:11.0.2] {re:mixin,re:classloading}     at cofh.core.client.PostBuffer.m_6213_(PostBuffer.java:96) ~[cofh_core-1.20.1-11.0.2.56.jar%23218!/:11.0.2] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraft.server.packs.resources.ResourceManagerReloadListener.m_10759_(ResourceManagerReloadListener.java:15) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:computing_frames,re:classloading,re:mixin}     at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniRun.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:787) ~[?:?] {}     at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$Completion.run(CompletableFuture.java:482) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraft.server.packs.resources.SimpleReloadInstance.m_143940_(SimpleReloadInstance.java:69) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraft.util.thread.BlockableEventLoop.m_6367_(BlockableEventLoop.java:198) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default}     at net.minecraft.util.thread.ReentrantBlockableEventLoop.m_6367_(ReentrantBlockableEventLoop.java:23) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,re:computing_frames,re:classloading}     at net.minecraft.util.thread.BlockableEventLoop.m_7245_(BlockableEventLoop.java:163) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default} -- Overlay render details -- Details:     Overlay name: net.minecraftforge.client.loading.ForgeLoadingOverlay Stacktrace:     at net.minecraft.client.renderer.GameRenderer.m_109093_(GameRenderer.java:1385) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,pl:mixin:APP:moonlight-common.mixins.json:GameRendererMixin,pl:mixin:APP:supplementaries-common.mixins.json:GameRendererMixin,pl:mixin:APP:mixins.cofhcore.json:GameRendererMixin,pl:mixin:APP:create.mixins.json:accessor.GameRendererAccessor,pl:mixin:APP:create.mixins.json:client.GameRendererMixin,pl:mixin:A}     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.m_91383_(Minecraft.java:1146) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:A,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.m_91374_(Minecraft.java:718) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:A,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:218) ~[1.20.1-forge-47.3.0.jar:?] {re:mixin,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A,re:classloading,pl:mixin:APP:flywheel.mixins.json:ClientMainMixin,pl:mixin:A,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?] {}     at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?] {}     at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?] {}     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonLaunchHandler.runTarget(CommonLaunchHandler.java:111) ~[fmlloader-1.20.1-47.3.0.jar:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonLaunchHandler.clientService(CommonLaunchHandler.java:99) ~[fmlloader-1.20.1-47.3.0.jar:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonClientLaunchHandler.lambda$makeService$0(CommonClientLaunchHandler.java:25) ~[fmlloader-1.20.1-47.3.0.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:30) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:53) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:71) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:108) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:78) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:26) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:23) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher.main(BootstrapLauncher.java:141) ~[bootstraplauncher-1.1.2.jar:?] {}     at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?] {}     at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?] {}     at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?] {}     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) ~[?:?] {}     at crystallauncher.MinecraftConstructor.run(MinecraftConstructor.java:29) ~[proxyserver.jar%2380!/:?] {}     at crystallauncher.MineClient.start(MineClient.java:201) ~[proxyserver.jar%2380!/:?] {}     at crystallauncher.MineClient.main(MineClient.java:42) ~[proxyserver.jar%2380!/:?] {}
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.