[1.16.4] Glowing effect on block

vladmany

I need to highlight a block with a spectral arrow effect (glowing) only on the client side. All that came to my mind was to make the game think that there is an invisible shulker in a certain place, which has the effect of glowing. I tried to implement this using mixins, but did not achieve the desired result. Perhaps there is also an option to render the effect itself without an entity, but I do not quite understand how to do this. I will be grateful for help.

Sounds to me like you are writing an xray? 🙂

You can use forge's RenderLevelLast event to draw anything over the top the world rendering.

I'll leave it as an exercise how you draw the glowing block outline in perspective.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

You don't need mixins for this. If you want to follow the "entity path" you can either summon an invisible, unkillable and uncollidable shulker with the glowing effect where the arrow lands or either create your own entity that by default has no rendering (it's just a transparent cube) or can camouflage to a blockstate you pass in when summoning (and then render the block as the entity texture)

Edited by JimiIT92

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 1:38 AM, JimiIT92 said:

You don't need mixins for this. If you want to follow the "entity path" you can either summon an invisible, unkillable and uncollidable shulker with the glowing effect where the arrow lands or either create your own entity that by default has no rendering (it's just a transparent cube) or can camouflage to a blockstate you pass in when summoning (and then render the block as the entity texture)

Is it possible to summon a entity only on the client?  Let me remind you that in my situation, the mod must be client-side.

Edited by vladmany