mouseClicked event handler crash with Forge 40.1.54

QuantumBlink

Hi all,

I recently updated my MDK from 1.18.1 to 1.18.2 whilst adding Parchment mappings, but when I clicked Singleplayer to create a new world, the game crashes:

https://gist.github.com/QuantumBlink1337/d88d50e0e846d2036517c1546813cfc4

I did attempt to add some ore generation code as I'm still new to Forge and want to practice, but I can't imagine it's related based on the stacktrace. I had this same crash with the recommended 40.1.0 Forge version.

Here's the repo for my mod:

https://github.com/QuantumBlink1337/Obsinite-Mod

That's a horrible error message.

First, the "mouseClicked event handler" is misleading. That's the thread name because it is running in response to you clicking something.

Its actually just a NullPointerException with no message.

java.lang.NullPointerException: mouseClicked event handler

at java.util.Objects.requireNonNull(Objects.java:208) ~[?:?] {}

at java.util.ImmutableCollections.listFromArray(ImmutableCollections.java:190) ~[?:?] {}

at java.util.List.of(List.java:1047) ~[?:?] {}

at java.util.ImmutableCollections.listCopy(ImmutableCollections.java:172) ~[?:?] {}

at java.util.List.copyOf(List.java:1068) ~[?:?] {}

at net.minecraft.core.HolderSet.direct(HolderSet.java:38) ~[forge-1.18.2-40.1.0_mapped_parchment_2022.06.26-1.18.2-recomp.jar%2376!/:?] {re:classloading}

at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:197) ~[?:?] {}

at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1625) ~[?:?] {}

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:509) ~[?:?] {}

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:499) ~[?:?] {}

at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:921) ~[?:?] {}

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:?] {}

at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:682) ~[?:?] {}

at net.minecraft.world.level.biome.BiomeGenerationSettings$Builder.build(BiomeGenerationSettings.java:111) ~[forge-1.18.2-40.1.0_mapped_parchment_2022.06.26-1.18.2-recomp.jar%2376!/:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}

You can see it is actually a problem in the biome generator. In fact it is in the feature part.

Somewhere along the way there is a null value and the error comes from it trying to insert it into an immutable list, which doesn't allow nulls

I think this NPE is caused by you not registering your configured feature. You just create one and then use Holder.direct() on it.

I posted a link to how botania does this in this thread: https://forums.minecraftforge.net/topic/113121-how-do-i-spawn-my-feature-in-the-world-1165/

but was told off because it uses a RegistryEvent<Feature> to do this instead of a DeferredRegistry. 🙂

I don't know of a good example using DeferredRegistrys given how features/placements get configured/registered and both methods ultimately do the same thing. Its just one is more declarative.

I am tempted to raise that error message as a bug in forge 🙂

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • I have tried downloading forge and installing mods on my own, and it lead to crashes on start up. I have tried installing mods through curseforge to the same effect. I tried virtually every installation of forge that's available for 1.21, from forge 51.0.1-51.0.24. Either the game crashes when trying to load mods, or the game does not read the mods in my mod folder and runs like it was vanilla. I do not know what is causing the game to fail to recognize the mods. I installed forge from curseforge, and added the mods directly from cursed forge, and all of the mods are 1.21 compatible. in spite of that, it is still failing to load mods. what else could I do to get this fixed? the error loading the mods is "Error loading mods, 2 errors have occurred during loading" with each saying "Invalid mod file found." here is the crash log:   Time: 2024-07-15 13:18:49 Description: Mod loading error has occurred java.lang.Exception: Mod Loading has failed     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.logging.CrashReportExtender.dumpModLoadingCrashReport(CrashReportExtender.java:49) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-universal.jar:?] {re:classloading}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.client.loading.ClientModLoader.completeModLoading(ClientModLoader.java:119) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-universal.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.lambda$new$7(Minecraft.java:616) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.Util.ifElse(Util.java:513) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.lambda$new$8(Minecraft.java:609) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.client.loading.ForgeLoadingOverlay.render(ForgeLoadingOverlay.java:146) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-universal.jar:?] {re:classloading}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.renderer.GameRenderer.render(GameRenderer.java:879) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runTick(Minecraft.java:1180) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:795) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:228) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectMethodHandleAccessor.invoke(DirectMethodHandleAccessor.java:103) ~[?:?] {}     at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:580) ~[?:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonLaunchHandler.runTarget(CommonLaunchHandler.java:91) ~[fmlloader-1.21-51.0.24.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonLaunchHandler.lambda$makeService$0(CommonLaunchHandler.java:75) ~[fmlloader-1.21-51.0.24.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:77) [modlauncher-10.2.1.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:97) [modlauncher-10.2.1.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:116) [modlauncher-10.2.1.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:75) [modlauncher-10.2.1.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapEntry.main(BootstrapEntry.java:17) [modlauncher-10.2.1.jar!/:?] {}     at [email protected]/net.minecraftforge.bootstrap.Bootstrap.moduleMain(Bootstrap.java:188) [bootstrap-2.1.3.jar!/:?] {}     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectMethodHandleAccessor.invoke(DirectMethodHandleAccessor.java:103) ~[?:?] {}     at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:580) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.bootstrap.Bootstrap.bootstrapMain(Bootstrap.java:133) [bootstrap-2.1.3.jar:2.1.3] {}     at net.minecraftforge.bootstrap.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:53) [bootstrap-2.1.3.jar:2.1.3] {}     at net.minecraftforge.bootstrap.ForgeBootstrap.main(ForgeBootstrap.java:19) [bootstrap-2.1.3.jar:2.1.3] {} A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Head -- Thread: Render thread Suspected Mods: NONE Stacktrace:     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.logging.CrashReportExtender.lambda$dumpModLoadingCrashReport$7(CrashReportExtender.java:52) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-universal.jar!/:?] {re:classloading} -- NO MOD INFO AVAILABLE -- Details:     Mod File: NO FILE INFO     Failure message: Invalid mod file found C:\Users\Danny\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Magic - modded\mods\mahoutsukai-1.21.0-v1.35.2.jar     Mod Version: NO MOD INFO AVAILABLE     Mod Issue URL: NOT PROVIDED     Exception message: MISSING EXCEPTION MESSAGE Stacktrace:     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.logging.CrashReportExtender.lambda$dumpModLoadingCrashReport$7(CrashReportExtender.java:52) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-universal.jar:?] {re:classloading}     at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1596) ~[?:?] {}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.logging.CrashReportExtender.dumpModLoadingCrashReport(CrashReportExtender.java:50) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-universal.jar:?] {re:classloading}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.client.loading.ClientModLoader.completeModLoading(ClientModLoader.java:119) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-universal.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.lambda$new$7(Minecraft.java:616) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.Util.ifElse(Util.java:513) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.lambda$new$8(Minecraft.java:609) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.client.loading.ForgeLoadingOverlay.render(ForgeLoadingOverlay.java:146) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-universal.jar:?] {re:classloading}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.renderer.GameRenderer.render(GameRenderer.java:879) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runTick(Minecraft.java:1180) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:795) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at TRANSFORMER/[email protected]/net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:228) ~[forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectMethodHandleAccessor.invoke(DirectMethodHandleAccessor.java:103) ~[?:?] {}     at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:580) ~[?:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonLaunchHandler.runTarget(CommonLaunchHandler.java:91) ~[fmlloader-1.21-51.0.24.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonLaunchHandler.lambda$makeService$0(CommonLaunchHandler.java:75) ~[fmlloader-1.21-51.0.24.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:77) [modlauncher-10.2.1.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:97) [modlauncher-10.2.1.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:116) [modlauncher-10.2.1.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:75) [modlauncher-10.2.1.jar!/:?] {}     at SECURE-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapEntry.main(BootstrapEntry.java:17) [modlauncher-10.2.1.jar!/:?] {}     at [email protected]/net.minecraftforge.bootstrap.Bootstrap.moduleMain(Bootstrap.java:188) [bootstrap-2.1.3.jar!/:?] {}     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectMethodHandleAccessor.invoke(DirectMethodHandleAccessor.java:103) ~[?:?] {}     at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:580) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.bootstrap.Bootstrap.bootstrapMain(Bootstrap.java:133) [bootstrap-2.1.3.jar:2.1.3] {}     at net.minecraftforge.bootstrap.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:53) [bootstrap-2.1.3.jar:2.1.3] {}     at net.minecraftforge.bootstrap.ForgeBootstrap.main(ForgeBootstrap.java:19) [bootstrap-2.1.3.jar:2.1.3] {} -- NO MOD INFO AVAILABLE -- Details:     Mod File: NO FILE INFO     Failure message: Invalid mod file found C:\Users\Danny\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Magic - modded\mods\waystones-neoforge-1.21-21.0.8.jar     Mod Version: NO MOD INFO AVAILABLE     Mod Issue URL: NOT PROVIDED     Exception message: MISSING EXCEPTION MESSAGE -- System Details -- Details:     Minecraft Version: 1.21     Minecraft Version ID: 1.21     Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0     Java Version: 21.0.3, Microsoft     Java VM Version: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Microsoft     Memory: 350197760 bytes (333 MiB) / 650117120 bytes (620 MiB) up to 4294967296 bytes (4096 MiB)     CPUs: 32     Processor Vendor: GenuineIntel     Processor Name: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K     Identifier: Intel64 Family 6 Model 183 Stepping 1     Microarchitecture: Raptor Lake     Frequency (GHz): 3.00     Number of physical packages: 1     Number of physical CPUs: 24     Number of logical CPUs: 32     Graphics card #0 name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti     Graphics card #0 vendor: NVIDIA     Graphics card #0 VRAM (MiB): 11264.00     Graphics card #0 deviceId: VideoController1     Graphics card #0 versionInfo: 32.0.15.5612     Memory slot #0 capacity (MiB): 8192.00     Memory slot #0 clockSpeed (GHz): 3.20     Memory slot #0 type: DDR4     Memory slot #1 capacity (MiB): 8192.00     Memory slot #1 clockSpeed (GHz): 3.20     Memory slot #1 type: DDR4     Memory slot #2 capacity (MiB): 8192.00     Memory slot #2 clockSpeed (GHz): 3.20     Memory slot #2 type: DDR4     Memory slot #3 capacity (MiB): 8192.00     Memory slot #3 clockSpeed (GHz): 3.20     Memory slot #3 type: DDR4     Virtual memory max (MiB): 37441.13     Virtual memory used (MiB): 15153.36     Swap memory total (MiB): 4864.00     Swap memory used (MiB): 0.00     Space in storage for jna.tmpdir (MiB): available: 147541.50, total: 475918.38     Space in storage for org.lwjgl.system.SharedLibraryExtractPath (MiB): available: 147541.50, total: 475918.38     Space in storage for io.netty.native.workdir (MiB): available: 147541.50, total: 475918.38     Space in storage for java.io.tmpdir (MiB): available: 147541.50, total: 475918.38     Space in storage for workdir (MiB): available: 147541.50, total: 475918.38     JVM Flags: 4 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xss1M -Xmx4096m -Xms256m     ModLauncher: 10.2.1     ModLauncher launch target: forge_client     ModLauncher naming: mcp     ModLauncher services:          / slf4jfixer PLUGINSERVICE          / runtimedistcleaner PLUGINSERVICE          / runtime_enum_extender PLUGINSERVICE          / object_holder_definalize PLUGINSERVICE          / capability_token_subclass PLUGINSERVICE          / accesstransformer PLUGINSERVICE          / eventbus PLUGINSERVICE          / mixin PLUGINSERVICE          / fml TRANSFORMATIONSERVICE          / mixin TRANSFORMATIONSERVICE      FML Language Providers:          lowcodefml@51         [email protected]         [email protected]     Mod List:          forge-1.21-51.0.24-client.jar                     |Minecraft                     |minecraft                     |1.21                |NONE      |Manifest: NOSIGNATURE         forge-1.21-51.0.24-universal.jar                  |Forge                         |forge                         |51.0.24             |NONE      |Manifest: NOSIGNATURE
    • Re-add these one by one until you find the one causing this issue
    • i think removing all those helped, but i do need most of those mods.
    • I mean is it possible to do that? Like an Event so you can write what happens when a Player/Entity is hearing a Sound.
    • I'm trying to install a 1.16.4 forge server but when I run 'forge-1.16.4-35.1.37.jar' with start.bat 'java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -jar forge-1.16.4-35.1.37.jar nogui ' it freezes and gives me this error.  [10:38:39] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 35.1.37, --fml.mcpVersion, 20201102.104115, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.4, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui] [10:38:39] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 22.0.1 by Oracle Corporation Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler (in unnamed module @0x78b1cc93) cannot access class sun.security.util.ManifestEntryVerifier (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.security.util to unnamed module @0x78b1cc93         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.lambda$static$1(SecureJarHandler.java:41)         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.LamdbaExceptionUtils.uncheck(LamdbaExceptionUtils.java:95)         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.<clinit>(SecureJarHandler.java:41)         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.lambda$new$6(Launcher.java:55)         at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1710)         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:52)         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:47)         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Environment.computePropertyIfAbsent(Environment.java:62)         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:55)         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66)         at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.runLauncher(ServerMain.java:63)         at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.access$100(ServerMain.java:60)         at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:57) When I run the same bat file aimed at the vanilla server jar, it runs fine but vanilla and not forge. I have no idea what this error code is telling me and would appreciate some help with starting this server.  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.