i can't put forge 1.18.2 on a multicraft server

Kaneky06

hi, my problem is to install forge 1.18.2 on a multicraft server, but I can't, even following their "tutorial" it doesn't start, it tells me that it looks for a .jar file, even if I try to insert the files ( .sh / .bat) gives me an error. (I also tried to edit run.sh (as in their tutorials) but nothing, even trying to put "java18" as a .jar file (as per tutorial) doesn't work. help please

• 1 month later...

You need to look within the .sh to see where the packages are run to find the lines and the parameters it needs for it to run the specific forger version.

The console will complain that the .jar is missing then happily ignore its warning and start the instance

Here is an an example of what works with my multicraft instance for forge 1.18.2-40.1.51

[config]
name = Custom - Forge 1.18.2-40.1.51

category = Forge

[encoding]
#encode = system
#decode = system
#fileEncoding = latin-1

[start]
command = /usr/lib/jvm/java-17-openjdk-amd64/bin/java -Xmx{MAX_MEMORY}M -Xms{START_MEMORY}M @user_jvm_args.txt @libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.18.2-40.1.51/unix_args.txt "$@"