[SOLVED] [1.6.2] Texture not loading

RavynousHunter

I've tried multiple solutions to this problem, things I've read here, on the Wiki, and even some things I've done on my own, but I simply can't get Minecraft to recognize and locate my bloody textures.  Below is my layout, including how I'm referencing the texture in-code, along with package structure.

width=160 height=89http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu273/RH-00/Keep%20of%20Metal%20and%20Gold/th_komag_layout_zpsb068ceef.png[/img]

Does anyone out there have any ideas on how I might fix this?  Its irritating me beyond all reason.

was it my guide ? if yes the  i can confirm my nethod doesnt work with multiple project setup (you have 1 folder for your mod and 1 for mc source)

i can also confirm that you can still load texture when having multiple projects. just im not sure how :/ though i know theyre are other threads that talk about this on the forums and they found valid solution

i will also update my guide for case like this

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

One of them might've been yours, aye.  I've tried so many, I've since forgotten from whom I got them.  I tried searching this forum for the info I need, but twas to no avail.  If someone could at least point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.  Don't want -everything- done for me, but a tech mod without textures?  Unheard of!

"project"/assets/modid/...?

Something along the lines of this?

width=160 height=89http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu273/RH-00/Keep%20of%20Metal%20and%20Gold/th_komag_layout_1_zpsc85e24da.png[/img]

I tried that, and still not working.  My /bin/ folder has a /komag/ folder, but no /assets/ folder...that normal?  If that's the problem, how do I go about fixing it?  I renamed the base package in my Source folder so it'd not conflict the /komag/ folder that's got all my assets, so it loads in just fine, I just can't get that ruddy texture in.  Its the right dimensions, too, 16x16, RGB (1 layer) PNG image.

You need to make sure your folders are set up right

Go into forge/mcp/src/minecraft

Create a folder called "assets" if there isn't one already

then create a folder inside assets called "komag"

then create a folder inside komag called "textures"

then create your "items" "blocks" "entities" ect folders

put your texture inside the relevant folder

that's the setup I use and all my textures work fine

Yes, exactly. Don't ever touch the bin folder, it is the src folder you should change.

You should have something like

mcp/src/Keep of Metal and Gold/assets/komag/...then textures/blocks for blocks, textures/items for items...

pack.mcmeta is completely optional.

Yes, exactly. Don't ever touch the bin folder, it is the src folder you should change.

You should have something like

mcp/src/Keep of Metal and Gold/assets/komag/...then textures/blocks for blocks, textures/items for items...

pack.mcmeta is completely optional.

I got it working!  With a little foolery with Eclipse, and it turned out I needed /mcp/src/komag/assets/komag/textures.  Bit redundant, but it works!  Something with taking the "komag.assets.komag.textures" entries, turning them into source folders, then removing them from the build path kicked Eclipse and Minecraft in the rear and she's working like a charm, thankee!

For those looking here for a solution to this problem, the aforementioned folders are in the /mcp/src folder, ie the Minecraft project, and NOT your mod project folders.