Unable to save changes to JVM Arguments while trying to allocate more RAM, in order to fix another issue.

iiEco-Ryan 3166

I launched my modpack from CurseForge, it opened the Minecraft Launcher. I go to Installations > (3 dots) Edit > More Options, and under JVM ARGUMENTS it shows
"-Xmx4096m -Xms256m -Dminecraft.applet.TargetDirectory="C:\Users\iiEco\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Echelon's Vanilla Enhanced Modpack" -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US"

I went to System Information and found that I have 32GB of Installed Physical memory, so I figure I should allocate 16G to Minecraft.

I then change "-Xmx4096m -Xms256m -" to "-Xmx16g -Xms16g -" (I've also tried -Xmx / -Xms16G with a capital G), then I click save and Play. I encounter the same error below. I go back through the process back to JVM ARGUMENTS, only to see the Xmx and Xms settings have reset back to 4096m and 256m. 

I've tried closing CurseForge and Minecraft Launchers, and restarting my PC, no dice.

I've tried pressing RESET, which then shows the JVM ARGUMENTS as:
"-Xmx2G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M", where I proceed to change the "-Xmx2G" to "-Xmx16G", and then Save > Play, but still encounter the same issue, where I see the JVM ARGUMENTS have again reset back to 4096m and 256m. This is the only way I've found to allocate more RAM / Memory. What am I missing? How do I get the changes to actually save?

---------------------------------------------------------

Error 6:09PM 8/31/22
"The game crashed whilst rendering overlay
Error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"
https://gist.github.com/iiEco-Ryan3166/1c15cb46b6cdc570932ac60299efd963

---------------------------------------------------------

Previous issue described here: 

I went to my modpack under CurseForge, clicked Profile Options, unchecked Use System Memory Settings, and set it to 16000MB (16GB). I then launched my modpack from CurseForge, it opened the Minecraft Launcher, > Installations > (3 dots) Edit > More Options, and under JVM ARGUMENTS it shows
"-Xmx16384m -Xms256m -Dminecraft.applet.TargetDirectory="C:\Users\iiEco\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Echelon's Vanilla Enhanced Modpack" -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US"

The Xmx setting (which chooses maximum heap space that can be allocated) is, I think, where I need it to be, whereas the Xms setting (which specifies how much memory Java will allocate for heap space) still wont change.

and I'm STILL running into the Minecraft Launcher not responding and the same red screen as described in the linked post at the bottom of above thread

Edited by iiEco-Ryan 3166
Additional info added