Fix for the Forge Installer "won't open" problem

mad727

3.5 hours later..

Found a super cool program that fixes the "hijack" problem with zip apps and .jar files.

Problem: Everytime I doubled clicked the forge installer download, I would get the quick cmd box for a split second or sometimes nothing. I didn't realize it but 7-zip had hijacked the jar association.

Found this app. ran it , fixed it , double clicked the forge download and ...worked.  OMG what a pain..

Hope this helps the many that were pulling their hair out.

http://johann.loefflmann.net/en/software/jarfix/index.html

download the jarfix.exe took 1 second and then double clicked forge installer file and now back to installing all the great mods...

Hi

I know things are clear for you but this was today first time to this site and forum. a lot to take in on one visit.

Yes would of been nice if I saw that one line at the bottom of EAQ but I missed it buried in all that other stuff. didn't come up on the search I did on this forum.

Maybe just one BOLD word would help it stand out.

Anyways, sorry you got annoyed. It's an amazing product Forge and I appreciate it and the work you've done. my MC experience is so much greater.

Cheers