[Solved] Transparent texture parts rendered as non-transparent

zskamljic

I was trying to implement a component similar to redstone comparator, but I'm having issues with the model when powered, but it displays as following: 

NQnJT4S.png

The model is specified as following:

Spoiler
{
	"textures": {
		"slab": "minecraft:block/smooth_stone",
		"or": "mymod:block/or_on",
		"lit": "minecraft:block/redstone_torch"
	},
	"elements": [
		{
			"name": "slab",
			"from": [0, 0, 0],
			"to": [16, 2, 16],
			"faces": {
				"north": {"uv": [0, 14, 16, 16], "texture": "slab", "cullface": "north" },
				"east": {"uv": [0, 14, 16, 16], "texture": "slab", "cullface": "east" },
				"south": {"uv": [0, 14, 16, 16], "texture": "slab", "cullface": "south" },
				"west": {"uv": [0, 14, 16, 16], "texture": "slab", "cullface": "west" },
				"up": {"uv": [0, 0, 16, 16], "texture": "or"},
				"down": {"uv": [0, 0, 16, 16], "texture": "slab", "cullface": "down" }
			}
		},
		{
			"from": [7, 7, 7],
			"to": [9, 7, 9],
				"up": {"uv": [7, 6, 9, 8], "texture": "lit"}
			}
		},
		{
			"from": [7, 2, 6],
			"to": [9, 8, 10],
				"east": {"uv": [6, 5, 10, 11], "texture": "lit"},
				"west": {"uv": [6, 5, 10, 11], "texture": "lit"}
			}
		},
		{
			"from": [6, 2, 7],
			"to": [10, 8, 9],
				"north": {"uv": [6, 5, 10, 11], "texture": "lit"},
				"south": {"uv": [6, 5, 10, 11], "texture": "lit"}
			}
		},
		{
			"from": [7, 5, 2],
			"to": [9, 5, 4],
				"up": {"uv": [7, 6, 9, 8], "texture": "lit"}
			}
		},
		{
			"from": [7, 2, 1],
			"to": [9, 6, 5],
				"east": {"uv": [6, 5, 10, 9], "texture": "lit"},
				"west": {"uv": [6, 5, 10, 9], "texture": "lit"}
			}
		},
		{
			"from": [6, 2, 2],
			"to": [10, 6, 4],
				"north": {"uv": [6, 5, 10, 9], "texture": "lit"},
				"south": {"uv": [6, 5, 10, 9], "texture": "lit"}
			}
		}
	]
}

Which is the same as what I've found the redstone repeater use, but for that, it is rendered correctly. Adding ambiendocclusion causes the whole top of the block to appear dark, aside from there I can not spot a difference. How do I solve this?

Edited by zskamljic
Mark thread as solved

https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/JSON

It's render_type with an e.

if you don't show your code we really can't help you. You asserting you did things correctly helps nobody.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

@warjort please see the spoiler in the original post for my model file. You were right, I had a typo that I have missed. 

I am familiar with JSON, but the wiki, including the link provided, and the link to models page has little to offer in terms of properties that can be used, the values that can be used and so on. For example I didn't find a documentation on faces, there's "front" but no "back", so I used "north" and "south", but that took time to find as well.

5 minutes ago, zskamljic said:

I am familiar with JSON, but the wiki, including the link provided, and the link to models page has little to offer in terms of properties that can be used, the values that can be used and so on.

Here is the specific link with the JSON format: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Tutorials/Models

As for the render_type information, that is specifically added by forge so you would need to look in the source to know about it.

• Like 1

Your spoiler is the code from before you asked the question.

The best way to ask a question is to put your code on github where we can see the full context and keep it up-to-date as you fix things.

The texture ids like "front" or "all" are pure convention. They are variable names. Usually created in a parent/template model then consumed/defined in your real model.

Only the 6 faces from the minecraft Direction class have any fixed meaning.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

• zskamljic changed the title to [Solved] Transparent texture parts rendered as non-transparent