Help please for forge 1.19.2 (crashes from luancher)

Theanimatedfish

I click the start button on the minecraft launcher and the launcher closes like its about to start mc. Nothing happens and mc wont start and doesnt ever start (also checked task manager and nothing happens on there too)

I then open the launcher and it pops up with exit code 1

Launcher log

[Info: 2022-10-23 09:35:37.7175220: NetQueue.cpp(186)] NetQueue: Setting up.
[Info: 2022-10-23 09:35:37.7180015: NetQueue.cpp(666)] NetQueue: worker thread started.
[Info: 2022-10-23 09:35:37.7180435: mainWindows.cpp(86)] Running launcher bootstrap (version 1.1.32)
[Error: 2022-10-23 09:35:37.7204559: localization.cpp(110)] No translation found for "Failed to initialize GDK, please make sure Xbox App and Gaming Services are up to date and running."
[Info: 2022-10-23 09:35:37.7209250: mainWindows.cpp(199)] Triggering reopen event...
[Info: 2022-10-23 09:35:37.7209492: mainWindows.cpp(202)] Success!

Thats it, thats all it says on the launcher_log file

if the file launcher_cef_log is important here:

[1023/223314.879:INFO:main_context.cpp(130)] CEF initialized successfully.
[1023/223314.879:INFO:main_context.cpp(132)] CEF version: 99.2.14+g3f796b8+chromium-99.0.4844.84
[1023/223445.988:INFO:LauncherAppRenderer.cpp(542)] OnContextReleased: no frame (unknown context), browser id=3
[1023/223515.039:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(440)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled, ANGLE is 
[1023/223528.668:INFO:LauncherAppRenderer.cpp(542)] OnContextReleased: no frame (unknown context), browser id=4

If it wasn't clear, there is no debug log as mc forge never starts the mc window it just never starts.

also my mods folder has no mods in it

This error happened once (exact same error) before so I saved the old mc files and reinstalled the game, then forge worked again but with another error with some mod so I was troubleshooting and I had to restart my computer due to an issue with mc and then this error happened again

I am thinking this is an error with forge as vanilla still works

Don't post snippets, post a link to the full launcher_log.txt so we have all the relevant information.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

There is nothing in that log that mentions forge, or trying to start minecraft.

Are you sure it is the full log or even the correct log? The one called launcher_log.txt

From my little understanding of the launcher, it is doing a "trigger update event" which I think means it needs to download something,

then the application closes for some reason 1.5 seconds later.

There is no reason given except the "Main window has been closed" which it doesn't regard as an error.

[Info: 2022-10-23 09:49:43.7967085: LauncherAppRenderer.cpp(290)] MCLauncher.triggerUpdateEvent("coreEvent.gameInstances");

[Info: 2022-10-23 09:49:45.3302953: client_handler.cpp(852)] NotifyBrowserClosing

[Info: 2022-10-23 09:49:45.3304972: browser_window.cpp(61)] OnBrowserClosing

[Info: 2022-10-23 09:49:45.3376380: client_handler.cpp(881)] NotifyBrowserClosed

[Info: 2022-10-23 09:49:45.3377076: browser_window.cpp(68)] OnBrowserClosed (with delegate)

[Info: 2022-10-23 09:49:45.3381747: root_window_manager.cpp(303)] Main window has been closed: 04252E48

[Info: 2022-10-23 09:49:45.3382292: root_window_manager.cpp(335)] All windows are gone.

[Info: 2022-10-23 09:49:45.3382622: root_window_manager.cpp(337)] Checking if we can close the application...

[Info: 2022-10-23 09:49:45.3382979: main_context.cpp(412)] Will shutdown!

You probably need to speak to Mojang to understand what is happening.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

Ok so any idea of what needs to be downloaded? 

Also It must have something to do with forge since I just try and successfully loaded both optifine and vanilla mc 

Also also do you think Mojang could actually help me considering that the issue is on a forge installation?

This is honestly a very interesting situation for me since I've made a fair few modpacks and have had issues in the past that took maybe half a day to solve but this has been going on for 2 days and whenever I fix a glitch a few more pop up and I'm just about to fix it when this glitch happens and even if it's fixed I'll still have to trouble shoot some mods

Edit: I tried some other versions of forge and the same issue occurred, I can post the logs if you'd like. oh yeah and yes the log I posted is the only file in my .minecraft folder called launcher_log

Edited by Theanimatedfish

It just says "game instances" as the context for the update event. But it doesn't say anything more specific.

If it is only forge, maybe there is something wrong with your installation configuration?

You could try creating a new brand new installation for forge to see if that fixes the problem.

The other possibility is that the forge installer didn't complete installing the game and you didn't notice the error, but you seem to have been using it previously?

If Mojang won't support their launcher then you can always try one of the other ones, e.g. curseforge or multimc.

Boilerplate:

Ok I'll have a look at curseforge loader, I don't use a 3rd party launcher as last time I tried it didn't work 

I'll give more context about what happened before this issue, 

I collected some 60 mods that were compatible with forge 1.19.2, and after some initial installations of the various other mods that the mods I got required, I launched the game normally (same forge version) and played on a survival world for 2 days, it would crash 1 to 2 times a day because of some graphics null error thing (probably rubidium or oculus mods) I was then setting up a villager trading hall, and when I was trading with cartographers, my game crashed because of their stupid adventure map crash, and I don't exactly know hat happened but several errors and reinstallations of mc, mc launcher and java, I am here. oh yeah, and when the game crashed when all was working somewhat smoothly I would have to restart my entire Computer (luckily it only takes 1 minute or so) and restarting mc. 

honestly I wish mojang would do something like tmodloader where they actually acknowledge their massive mod community and make a dedicated mod loader

THANK YOU 

Buttttttt I'm not done yet as whilst minecraft has loaded thanks to curseforge I indeed still have a problem from before if you wouldn't mind giving me advice on how to solve it?

https://gist.github.com/Theanimatedfish/0243e39e9fd8ac367bfde619a66d8fe0

why can't mojang make a dang launcher that doesn't want to die every 5 seconds

This is a known optifine issue. https://github.com/sp614x/optifine/issues/7127

You either uninstall optifine or downgrade forge to 40.1.23 43.1.23 or before

until they fix it.

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate:

Or uninstall all the mods that bake their own models?

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate:

hehe I restarted my computer and it would appear that the initial issue is happening again, I click play on the curseforge launcher, that takes me to the minecraft launcher and I start the game and... nothing happens

I had RL craft on curseforge and that works... so maybe it's an issue with the newer versions of forge conflicting somehow with something in the mc launcher but only after a full resart? man mc is weird

Edited by Theanimatedfish